At last

Another chapter just for you~!

Thank you to all of the people that have read the story up until now. You're all awesome people! This is now the moment of truth. It's time for them to finally be adopted~!

Let's just jump into the chapter. ENJOY!

——————————————————————————————————————————

.

.

.

Chapter 5: At last

"So... hi?"

Hi? That was the best you can come up with? Tony thought to himself.

"Hello." The girl reply simply.

"It's, uh, nice to meet you. My name is Tony."

"I'm Helen."

"Then it's very nice to meet you, Helen." Tony held his hand out for Helen to shake, which she does. "So I, uh, noticed that you like to read?"

Helen tilted her head before realizing what he meant. "Oh! You mean this?"

She eagerly picked the book up and showed it to him. Tony took a closer look and was surprised. And also a little sad.

"The Study of Gamma Radiation? You can actually read that?" Tony asked.

"Well... not really," Helen admitted sheepishly, "there are some things about it that I don't understand but I really like science! Toby even lets me borrow his chemistry set!"

"You know Toby?"

"Yep! They're really nice to me." Helen smiled. "Holland and I would do pranks together, I would ask (force) Andrew to help with (do) my homework, and Toby would make sure I'm fed and well-rested."

Tony can't help but cracked a smile at what he heard. It was nice to see that the boys managed to find some form of a haven despite how cruddy this place was. Not to mention that this little chat helped him make up his mind.

"Plus they're super cool heroes that save the day! I'm really that I got to meet and know them!"

Tony raised an eyebrow at that. "You know their secret?"

"By accident but yes." Helen answered. "Even before I found out, I already kept a lot of secrets for them. I just don't know why they trust me so much though."

I think I know why. The billionaire thought to himself as he got up. "Well then, I'd better go and find those brats. There's a home with their names on it."

Helen looked a little sad. "They're getting adopted?"

Tony looked at the little with a smile and gave her reassuring pat on the head. If only she knew that she didn't need to be sad.

"I'm sure you'll get adopted one day. Who knows? Maybe it'll be sooner than you expect."

Helen looked up at him with surprise before breaking into a smile, a shine in her eyes. Something tells Tony that she's a lot smarter than she gives herself credit for.

"Now that you're cheered up, let's go and see where those three might be."

~With the brothers~

"Can't you do anything right, you worthless old man?!" The owner screeched as she pushed Mr. Lee to the floor. The poor man fell against his cleaning supplies before hitting the ground.

"M-Ms. Garden, I'm truly sorry. You know this old body isn't as—"

"Don't give me that senior citizen bulls**t, you four-eyed fagbag!" Ms. Garden went in for another hit only to have a hand stop her.

Andrew glared at the woman while his brothers helped Lee off the floor. The poor guy was getting old, he's been through enough. Seeing good people getting hurt was something that the brothers always hated.

"Hitting an elderly? And here I thought you actually had limits." Andrew spat. "What's next? You gonna hit a baby?!"

Ms. Garden yanked her hand away from Andrew and glared. "This doesn't concern you, s**t. This old sack of wrinkles thinks he can just break what's mine and get off easily."

"But physically abusing him?" Toby pointed out. "That's very frowned upon."

"And illegal!" Holland supplied as he dusted off Lee's uniform.

"You can just take away from his pay or make him do extra work but instead you choose to hit him."

"What I do as punishment for my staff doesn't concern you." Ms. Garden said harshly. "Especially a bunch of unwanted punks like you! Nobody needs any of you, you're all just a waste of space and everyone would be happier if you just died!"

The tension in the room spiked tenfold. Holland looked away, mostly angry but also ashamed since he would often think of how the world was better off without the Web-Warriors. Toby frowned as he stood up. After Aunt May died, the brothers promised to look after each other and protect the little guys as best as they can. Andrew was absolutely livid. He may not show it a lot but he loved his family. And hearing this b***h basically telling them to go kill themselves was something he was going to sit down and just take.

Andrew grabbed the woman by the collar and lifted her up in air. The look of shock and fear on her face was pretty satisfying. Toby and Holland told him to put her down but he ignored them. He'll put her down right after he gave the woman a piece of his mind.

"Now listen here, you old hag!" Andrew spat. "You may think you're all high and mighty, but in reality, you're just a pathetic excuse of a person. You think that just because you're in charge you can do whatever the hell you want. People like you disgust me!"

With that, Andrew let go causing the woman to fall on the floor with a dull thud. Ms. Garden grunted and checked to see if her rump was intact. She slowly got up from the floor and winced when she saw that the middle Parker was still glaring at her.

"You're a nobody, Ms. Garden." He continued. "The world doesn't revolve around you and it never will. People like you are why we have problems in society and why good people suffer. One of these days karma is gonna catch up to you eventually."

The woman managed to compose herself slightly as she gave him a weak glare. "Whatever. Keep in mind that I own the orphanage that you live in. I can easily throw you out on the streets and nobody would care since you're all unwanted freaks!"

"I wouldn't say that nobody would care." A smooth voice cut in. "I'd say there's at least one person that cares."

Everyone turned towards the voice to see Tony Stark standing in the hallway. Despite his eyes being covered, the brothers can see the anger radiating off of him. Helen was peeking from behind him, a visible pout on her tiny face.

"M-Mr. Stark!" Ms. Garden said in surprise. "What a-are you doing here?"

The billionaire looked at her with a deep frown. "Nothing much really. Just came to check on my new sons only to see an old man getting abused. By the way, I recorded the whole thing and the cops will be here soon." Tony cracked a smile as he saw the woman's face pale. "Have fun in jail!"

.

.

.

End of Chapter.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Yeah, sorry if the chapter was a little short. I was mostly rushing and didn't know how to progress the thing. Hope you still enjoy it though!

Anyways, next chapter is going to have a surprise and will be revolving around New Years. However if it comes out later than expected then I apologize and wish you a Happy Early/Late New Years!