Back to the Tower!

It's finally time for the moment we've been waiting for! I am extremely sorry for putting it off for so long. I just have a very slow way of story-telling.

I also have a surprise appearance from some old pals that you'll all like. At least I hope you'll like it. Enjoy!

——————————————————————————————————————————

.

.

.

Chapter 6: Back to the Tower!

Awkward.

That was the only one word that best describes the atmosphere of the car. Tony was focused on driving the car and was not daring enough to be the first one to talk. The brothers were still processing what had occurred an hour ago, all three still in disbelief. Let's not forget poor Harley who have to deal with tension. Helen was the only one who was actually feeling excited but politely stayed calm since she can literally feel the awkwardness against her face.

"So...," Holland started, finally finding his voice, "that was a rather... interesting way to start off our weekend."

Tony chuckled as the atmosphere slowly grew lighter.

"Yeah, no kidding." Andrew stated sarcastically. "The b—"

"Language!" Toby cut in. Tony couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness hearing that.

"—I mean, witch," Andrew corrected, "finally got arrested for her crimes and all of the kids are getting relocated to better orphanages. I said that karma would catch up eventually but I honestly didn't expect it to catch up that fast!"

Tony shrugged. "What can I say? Karma's an old friend of mine so I like filling in while they're busy." He joked. "But seriously that woman deserved it."

No one bothered to say otherwise. The rest of the car ride consisted of jokes, playful arguments, and a whole lot of awful singing. Tony, for the first time since the Accords, felt relaxed and happy. He honestly wanted more of this happiness in his life.

"Alright we're about to arrive at Stark Tower so try to keep your jaws shut." Tony told them.

"Oh c'mon, we've been to OsCorp before and we've seen how tall it... is..." Andrew said as the Tower came into sight. He was in awe.

He wasn't the only one. Holland and Helen were bouncing in their seats, excited and anxious to see their new home. Harley was more interested in how much time it took for them to build it. Meanwhile Toby was comparing OsCorp Tower with Stark Tower in his mind. OsCorp may look more modern and fresh, but Stark Tower was definitely bigger and had a more dominant feeling to it.

"I told you to keep your jaws shut." Tony said smirking.

He gestured for the kids to follow him inside where they looked all around at their surroundings. Tony loves it when people are in awe of his stuff. More specifically he loves it when people praise and compliment him. Especially since his own father never bothered to do that.

Shaking his head to get rid of the thought, he gave a quick greeting to the lady at the front desk before going to the elevator. Once everyone was inside he pressed the button for the penthouse and had JARVIS get him in contact with Pepper. A screen popped up and Pepper's face appeared causing Helen to look at it in awe. Pepper had a smile on but it looked very forced.

"Welcome back Tony!" The strawberry-blonde greeted.

"Hey Pepper. I got the kids and I'm heading up to the penthouse with them," Tony glanced at Harley and Helen, "and two other surprises as well."

Pepper gave a nervous chuckle. "Uh, yeah... I have some, er, news."

"What... kind of news?"

Pepper opened her mouth to explain before closing it and shaking her head. This made Tony frown. What kind of news was it for her not to tell him?

"You'll see once you get to the penthouse. Just promise you won't be too mad when you get there."

Tony tried to ask what she was saying but she cut off the call before he could. Now this is something you shouldn't do with Tony Stark. Call him a hypocrite but he hates it when people keep secrets. He'd rather take a harsh truth over a 'blissful' lie.

"What was that about?" Holland asked.

"I have no idea," Tony answers, "I guess we'll have to wait until we get into the penthouse to know."

The elevator door opened with a 'ding' and Tony stepped out... only to stop in his tracks at the sight in front of him. The kids stepped out after him and either looked away or covered their eyes.

On the couch were none other than Bruce Banner and Thor, two teammates Tony hasn't been in contact with since they suddenly disappeared. Judging from their appearance, they were obviously making out. On the one of the sofas was Pepper who gave the billionaire an apologetic look the moment he entered.

Oh and there was Loki sitting at the kitchenette counter with a look that's a cross between amusement and wanting to die. The last person in the room was a dark skinned woman with fancy armor, someone Tony has never met before.

"Uhhh," Bruce said absentmindedly, "Hey...? Eheheh..."

Tony narrowed his eyes at the doctor. "Yeah, hi."

An awkward silence filled the entire room until Helen suddenly gasped then squeal.

"Oh my gosh, it's the Incredible Hulk and Thor! They're like my favorite Avengers!" Helen shouted. "This is the best day ever!"

If only the two scientists in the room could share in that sentiment.

.

.

.

End of Chapter.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Sorry that the chapter was so short. I didn't know how to make it longer so the next chapter will be picking up where this left off.

So yeah, Thor and his team are here. For those that don't know, this also takes place after Thor Ragnorok but they escaped to earth before Thanos attacked. And they may or may not have ran into the Guardians but it's better to just wait and see. See you all next time!