Chapter 17

-1 in the morning-

Liz POV

Sirens, of ambulance rang through my ears. The pain in my heart, I just can't describe it. A mother should never go through this kind of pain. I hugged her body as she cried on me, she didn't deserve to loose her son, why did he have to go? It could've been my son, but it wasn't. I'm so happy that god didn't take my son, but why did he have to take him? Quincy was like my second son, he didn't deserve to die. He was only 17 going on 18 soon. Tears didn't stop falling. Everything happen so fast, from the call I received from the cops to Tina identifying her child's body and I couldn't talk to my child until Monday, when he has court. 

"Your son King Jackson is in custody, Quincy Rogers did not make it"

Those simple words stooped my whole world, I collapsed into Langstons arms. My son is facing jail time and his best friend is dead. Tina didn't deserve for her to loose her son so young. This whole situation is fucked up and I can't help but blame myself, I should've told King sooner about Keenon, if it wasn't for be being so selfish he wouldn't have acted out and his friend would still be here. God why did you do this? I decided to finally have the courage to call Keenon, he deserves to know what is going on.

....

"What?"

He answered in a raspy voice letting me know he was asleep or at least trying.

"King....."

I couldn't even finish the sentence without crying, I broke down once again.

"Where you at????"

"St. Francis"

........

It took Keenon about 30 minutes for him to be finally here, with company. 

"Yoo what happened? Why are we here? where king at???"

Keenon said with worried eyes

"H- he hit a lick with his homies, I guess some shit went down they pulled a gun him and Quincy.... Quincy didn't make it, but King he's locked up they don't let me see him.... He has court this Monday, that's 4 days away."

Keenon shook his head and rubbed his hand over his face

"All this ma foult"

"Don't say that babe, it wasn't what we need to do is get your lawyers, I know for a fact they going to do a great job and let you guys see your son "

The girl with keenon said, I don't know her but hopefully she's right. 

"Aigth"

He simple said leaving us alone as he talked on the phone

"I'm Jade"

she smiled and extended her hand, I shook it and gave her half smile

"I'm Liz"

We stood quite for a bit just waiting on keenon, it seemed like forever. Tina walked up to me and I hugged her

"I need king to tell me who did this to my son"

He eyes wouldn't stop watering but I don't blame her, a mother shouldn't bury her kid it should be the opposite. 

"I'll let you talk to him as soon as he is out of jail"

"Th-thank you"

She looked so weak, her boyfriend held her as they walked out the hospital. It was hell here, his whole family was here.

Asiah POV

I was peacefully sleeping when my phone continue to ring non-stop, whoever it is better have something important to fucken tell me, a bitch doesn't play when it comes to her sleep.