Not So Happy Campers Part 1

Isa's POV

      Joanna and I sat on the boat to our destination and looked at the TV. Our host, Chris McLean, was on. It was supposed to film for the other contestants who were coming after us. Me and Joanna were up first when we arrived. I figured us foreigners would arrive last, but I guess not.

      "Yo!" He said on thw television, "We're coming at you live from Camp Wawanakwa! Somewhere in Muskoka, Ontario." Wait. Camp? I thought this was on a resort... "I'm your host. Chris McLean. Dropping season one of the hottest new reality show on television, right now!

      "Here's the deal: 24 campers have signed up to spend eight weeks right here at this crummy old summer camp. They'll compete in challenges against each other, then have to face the judgment of their fellow campers.

      "Every three days, one team will either win a reward, or watch one of their team member's walk down the Dock of Shame, take a ride on the Loser Boat, haha, and leave 'Total Drama Island' for good!"

      I rolled my eyes as the camera changes to a campfire pit, "Their fate will be decided here. At the dramatic campfire ceremonies where each week, all but one camper will receive a marshmellow.

      "In the end, only one will be left standing and will be rewarded with cheesy tabloid fame, and a small fortune, which let's face it, they'll probably blow in a week." I snorted, "I'd go with a day really." I muttered, smirking, making Joanna laugh as we checked to see if we had everything we needed packed in our bags.

      "To survive, they'll have to battle: Black flies, grizzly bears, disgusting camp food." "Hey now." I turned around, confused at another voice, "What the?" I asked aloud, what the heck was that? I didn't see anything. I looked at Joanna, who looked also confused. I guess we missed whoever that was.

      "And each other. Every moment will be caught on one of the hundreds of cameras situated all over camp. Who will crumble under the pressure? Find out right here on Total. Drama. Island!"

     "Hey you two! We're coming up onto the docks, so get ready to grab your bags and head off!" One of the workers on our boat called out. "Got it!" "Okay! Merci!"

     I looked at Joanna with a confident smirk on my face as we approached the docks. "Ready for adventure?" I asked as she returned my grin, "Oui. Ready as I'll ever be."

~~~~~~~~~~

      "Welcome back to Total Drama Island. All right, its time to meet our first 12 campers. We told them they'd all be staying at this five star resort, so if they seem a little T.O.ed, that's probably why."

       I stepped off the boat as Chris greeted me and Joanna. "Meet our two foreign contestants. Isa from Germany and Joanna from France!" "Bonjour Monsieur McLean!" Joanna smiled, shaking his hand, "It is an honor to be here!" "Hallo McLean." I said, shaking his hand as well, "Many thanks from Germany for letting me on." Chris grinned, "Welcome aboard you two, hope this becomes a trip you won't forget." He said as me and Joanna walked to the other end of the dock waiting for the other contestants to show up.

Joanna's POV

      I tood next to Isa as a short girl showed up. "Beth. What's up?" The girl, Beth I'm guessing, showed up and ran to Chris, hugging him saying, "Its so incredulous to meet you! Wow. You're much shorter in real life." She finished as she waved at the camera. "Uhh thanks." He said as another boat showed up.

       Then this black guy showed up. And walked to Chris, "DJ." Chris said as they high-fived, "Yo! Chris McLean, how's it going?" He looked around, "Hey, you sure you got the right place here? Where's the hot tub at?"