The Big Sleep

Joanna's POV

        I laid in my bunk, sleeping peacefully. I was thinking about Papa, Matthieu, Arthur, Alfred, and everyone else back at home. Then a loud airhorn noise was fired. I was so surprised, I fell out of the bed! I groaned, "What the...?" I muttered, slowly sitting up as I shook my head.

     I heard a loud bang and LeShawna groaning in pain then walk to the window. "It's seven in the morning!" She yelled, "Do I look like a farmer to you?!" I got off the ground and groaned, stretching. "Ce que je ferais pour une des crêpes de Mathieu ou des macarons de Papa..." I said groggily, rubbing my eyes. "Ummm... What now?" Gwen asked me as she got up, "Oh nothing." I yawned, "Sometimes I ramble to myself when I wake up. Usually in French." I said, chuckling as I got dressed and walked out.

       I saw the other team walk out, Isa followed behind in her pajamas, not looking happy. I laughed to myself. Isa was never a morning person. I remember Uncle Gilbert and Ludwig stopped by for business, and telling me and Papa that it took an hour to wake her up. Guess the Bass girls had to forcefully wake her up their own ways.

       "Morning." Chris said, "Hope you slept well." "Hi Chris!" Heather perked up, "You look really buff in those shorts!" She told him. I raised an eyebrow at her. That's not really something you'd hear someone say in the morning, especially someone waaay older than you, but what do I know? "I know." He replied, "Okay. I hope you’re all ready because your next challenge begins in exactly one minute."

       Owen looked at him nervous, "Oh, excuse me. I don’t know if that’s enough time to eat breakfast!" He said as Chris just smiled. "Oh, you’ll get breakfast, Owen. Right after you complete your twenty kilometers run around the lake!" Excusez-moi? Twenty kilometers?! We just woke up!

       That Eva girl seemed to agree, but looked as though she was about to lunge at Chris, "Oh, so you’re funny now? You know what I think would be funny?" She was about get Chris, but Duncan and Geoff hold her back. Then Courtney whispered something to her, maybe about her temper.

      "You're enjoying this aren't you?!" "A little." Chris replied, "You have thirty seconds." He told us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*static*

Courtney- Killer Bass
"Okay, that girl Eva has got to get a handle on her temper. She’s only been here one day and she’s already thrown her suitcase out a window and broken the lock on one of the bathroom doors."

*static*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        We all got in position to run, well. I glanced over at Isa and smirked. Despite still being in her pajamas, woken up early in the morning, she had the most focused face I had ever seen. Guess she woke up more when Chris brought up the run. She's not a morning person, but she certainly is the adrenaline junkie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*static*

Joanna- Screaming Gophers
"Isa LOVES to run. Especially in the mornings, even if she isn't a morning person herself. When we were kids and I visited her in Germany and spent the night at her house. The next morning, I woke up by myself and I looked out the window to see her, Uncle Gilbert, and Uncle Ludwig running down the road in work-out clothes. *laughs* I uhhhh... I was very confused that morning. *laughs*!"