Chapter Four

K E L S E Y

I just told them about my friendship with Amber, I know that the first moment alone we get B is going to want to talk but I don't know if I'm ready for that talk yet. I know we need to but I just don't think in ready for that just yet. Hell I don't know if I'll ever be ready to reopen that wound back up.

B looks up and answers the question Thomas asked him about the person he's texting being Kolby "yeah he and mama are coming to the show tonight"

I can feel the color drain from my face as B says that I know both of them noticed it I get up and as calmly as possible go towards the back of the bus dialing the number as I go.

"Hello?"

I get straight to the point "I am so screwed!"

She chuckles "hello to you to Kels"

I let out a sigh "I'm serious Amber... Mama Becky is going to be at the show tonight and I haven't seen or talked to her since B and I broke up 8 years ago... she is gonna tan my hide for not coming around"

I can hear the amusement in her voice "is Kolby gonna be there too?"

"Yeah"

"Just hide behind the giant then"

I laugh feeling slightly better as I walk back into the lounge "we both know that 'the giant' as you call him would throw me under the bus so fast to Mama B"

Amber laughs then there's a pause "You have a point there Kels, Mama Becky can be scary as hell when she's angry" 

"Welp looks like my ass is done for it was nice knowing you" 

She laughs again  "stop being so dramatic Kels, Mama Becky loves you to death" 

"I am so glad that you find my impending doom so amusing and yeah you say that now but I haven't seen or spoken to that woman in 8 years... and my ass is so gonna get skinned for it"

"Now you're really just being dramatic Kels but I gotta go... kids to teach and all but you will be fine with Mama Becky, Kels like I said that woman loves you to death like you were her own daughter" 

I sigh knowing she has a point but that doesn't mean she isn't gonna tan my hide for not coming around to see her whenever I've been home "alright I will talk to you later"

I look at Thomas and B who are both looking at me one with confusion and the other with amusement I bet you could guess which was which.

"What? If you knew who I was talking about you'd understand it" I direct that at Thomas cause B knows I'm talking about his mama. 

B chuckles "you'll be fine Kelsey" 

I roll my eyes at him "yeah well easy for you to say your not the one that hasn't seen or talked to her in 8 years... I am going to get some sleep if I'm not up someone wake me when we stop"

With that, I left the boys to their own accords and walked to the bunks to get some sleep for a while cause Lord knows I didn't sleep last night.

A t T h e A r e n a

We just pulled into the arena or so Thomas said when he woke me up a few minutes ago... God was I out or what? I mean I slept the entire trip almost except for like the first hour but then again I didn't get much sleep last night so not really the surprising that I was out for so long.

Walking off the bus and heading straight towards hair and makeup because the show starts in three hours and Danielle and I have to decide what outfits I'm wearing for the opening show.

Hopefully, I can avoid running into Mama Becky before my set. But with my luck that won't happen and she'll see me before I can prepare myself for the earful I'm going to get for not coming and seeing her after B and I broke up.

It took us an hour to decide on my outfit then she did my hair and makeup with a half an hour left before the show starts "there you go Kels" 

I smile at her "thanks Danielle"

"Now off you go" 

I give her an innocent smile "I was hoping I could hang out here until time for me to go on" 

She turns to fully face me "why?"

I give her a sheepish smile "well in here there is less of a chance of running into Becky" 

Danielle gives me a look "who is Becky and why don't you want to run into her?"

I let out a sigh "it's not that I don't want to run into her it's more that I don't want to run into her before my set because when she sees me she is going to tan my hide, I dated her son and Becky was like my second mama growing up and I haven't seen or talked to her in about 8 years since me and said son broke up and she is going to have my ass for it, I just don't need that stress before going on stage is all"

Danielle smiles softly at me "okay you can hang here until you go on" 

I give her a grateful smile "thank you so much, Danielle, I really appreciate it"

There is a knock at the door I open it and see B "yeah?" 

"Just wanted to tell you that PJ is escorting you to stage tonight" 

I give him a look "and why is your bodyguard taking me to stage?" 

He smirks "PJ likes you, always has and he offered, just thought I'd tell you"

I nod at him "okay well thanks I guess... Is Mama Becky here yet?" 

He smirks again "yeah looking to avoid her?" 

I roll my eyes with a sigh "not indefinitely just until after my set" 

The smirk doesn't leave his face as he chuckles "Well I'll see what I can do about that darlin"

He walks away and I blow out the breath I wasn't aware I was holding god ugh the way he says darlin has always made me weak in the knees and apparently that hasn't changed.

Danielle is giving me a look as I close the door back "mind telling me what that as about?" 

I bite my lip looking at her "Ugh I'd rather not get into that right now, but I will tell you later"

***
We all know Kels is in trouble when Mama Becky sees her. Who do guys think will be the first to expose Kels and BG's past? Out of the ones that know about it obviously.