Chapter Thirty-Four

K E L S E Y

B and I just pulled up at Mama Becky's for Sunday dinner that we turned into a family dinner to announce the baby.

B cuts the truck off and gets out walking around to my side and opening the door for and even though it's not necessary he helps me out of the truck before closing the door, we decided to leave the shirts in the truck until after dinner that is when we are making the announcement.

We walk into the house and B makes a line for the kitchen to see Mama Becky, I follow behind him "Hey Mama" he kisses her on the cheek "about time you two got here, last in as usual"

I chuckle and give her a hug "hey Mama Becky" she sits her spoon down and pulls me into a hug "Kelsey sweetie you look great, almost like you're glowing..... Now your Mama and Daddy are in the living room so go in and see them"

I smile at her "thanks Mama Becky and yes ma'am" I kiss her on the cheek as well before making my way to towards the living room to see Mama and Daddy.

I step in and Mama smiles "Kelsey Nicole there you are was starting to think you weren't gonna show"

I laugh giving her a hug as well as daddy. "Oh, mama do you really think we'd miss this? when B and I are the ones that turned it into a family dinner instead of a normal Sunday dinner?" 

Then Kasey grins at me "hey sis" then she pulls me into a hug as she pulls away I see Marilyn with her "aww Kase you actually managed to get her to come down with you?" I give Marilyn a hug too.

She smiles "yeah when Kase told me about it I couldn't pass up the chance to see you and where y'all grew up, I almost didn't believe that y'all actually grew up right down the road from me but then I knew Kase wouldn't lie to me so that's why I said almost"

I smile at her "It's good to see you, Marilyn, I don't get up to see Kase as much as I'd like so I don't get to see you much" 

Then Kolby, of course, has to open his mouth "I'm feeling a little left out over here Little Bit"

I roll my eyes "I'm making my around... Fear not you get a hug from me too and so do you Keith"

I hug Ko and then Keith and that is everyone. I get sat between Ko and Keith and the conversation is just flowing between the group of us and then out of nowhere you can just hear 'whack'

I burst out laughing looking up at Ko "wonder what your brother did... To get whacked with Mama Becky's wooden spoon?"

Ko laughs with me along with Kase "probably tried to get into Mama's mac and cheese, like that's anything new"

Kase snorts out a laugh looking at me "when has Mama Becky not made mac and cheese and your goofball of a boyfriend not tried to get into it before dinner?"

I let out a laugh... she has a point "He always tries and he either gets an ear tug for it or whacked with Mama Becky's wooden spoon"

Mama gets up and goes into the kitchen probably to help Mama Becky finish up.

I grin at Kase "I'mma start threatening to whack him with a wooden spoon when he gets annoying"

Kase laughs "Kels... the only thing that is going to get you is growled at and then thrown over his shoulder"

I look at my sister with a grin "true but.... who says I'd be complaining" 

I just noticed that daddy and Keith weren't in the room anymore. Ko and Kase both laugh, I see Marilyn crack a smile but she doesn't know the way Ko and Kase do so it's expected that she's a little lost. 

"Am I gonna get to meet this mysterious boyfriend that I had no clue that you even had until four days ago Kels?"

I smile at her "yeah you are gonna get to meet him... he'll probably be in here in a minute, Mama Becky probably kicked him outta the kitchen" 

And as if on cue B walks in the living room with us as Ko smirks at him "Mama banished you from the kitchen until dinner was ready huh?"

He nods his head as he walks over and sits beside me on the couch wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into his side.

Kase looks at us "when are you going to tells them?"

"After dinner... I even put the shirts in pretty gift bags"

"Where are they then??"

"Left them in the truck so that nobody would be tempted to see what's in the bags until we were ready to tell them."

She nods "I thought you were going to tell them right after you talked to me on the phone Wednesday??"

I shrug at my sister "We were but then I had an idea that made it made it a little more special than just flat telling them about it so we decided to wait a few days before the reveal"

Then we get called in for dinner and everybody takes their seats.

After Dinner

Dinner went by really smoothly and now everyone has gathered around in the living room. I smile at everybody "okay guys so B and I got you a little something and once you see you will understand why we called for a family dinner... B, is getting it out of the truck"

B comes back in carrying the four bags then he hands them to me "here you go darlin"

I smile at him "thanks B"

I hand the bags out. Once I take my seat beside B, I grin at them "okay guys, go ahead and open them" 

Mama is the first one to pull her shirt out of the bag but she hasn't unfolded it yet, she looks at me "Kelsey Nicole what is going on?"

I grin at her "Mama unfold it and read what the shirt says" Mama and Mama Becky both read them at the same time. 

*****
Oh I had to be a little evil here and leave you guys on a cliffhanger XD 😈😈😇😈