prologue

Yoongi was the reserved type

Yoongi was the reserved type. He doesn't like being social and really just sticks to the small group he of friends he has now.

He was also the type of person you wouldn't want to mess either. He has his ways of messing with people and getting rid of them.

When he met you, he didn't like you. Even though you were polite and kind to everyone, he thought you wear putting up a facade to get attention.

One day, he returned from being absent for a week. No one really noticed except for the teacher when roll call came along.

You knew he had a lot of work to catch up on and so you gave him your notes. When you pushed the notebook forward, he slapped it down. Loose papers went flying to the ground. Hands helping to grab what was near them.

"I don't need help, I can do myself," he spat harshly at you. You were only trying to help him.

After that, Yoongi seemed to always be around you. He'd see you in the hall or you'd make eye contact at lunch. He'd look around because he was bored and his eyes always somehow found you.

It was almost like his body knew he wanted her, but that idea couldn't get to his head.

He was rude to you, yes, but you were the kind person everyone liked and idolized. You were never to be thought of negatively by anyone because you were so kind.

You'd try and be polite to Yoongi but he'd just push you away saying he doesn't need or want whatever you offered, or he'd ignore you, act as if you were invisible.

You honestly gave up with trying with him. You found it odd that a struggling boy didn't want or ask for help.

You found Hoseok. He was just like you so it was an easy friendship. He was also Yoongi's brother, so you'd always asked how he was.

It was his birthday, only Hoseok and you had remembered. Of course his other friends did too but they were out. He did nothing to celebrate. You went to the store and bought a cake, flowers, and balloons.

Hoseok thought it was a great idea and helped too. You brought him down and you celebrated. It was the first time you had seen him smile.

You had gone home and hoseok went to his room, closing the door behind him. Yoongi felt the petals of the soft rose between his fingers. He picked up the vase of flowers and kept it in his room ever since.

To this day, he waters it and leaves it by the sun. He liked that you thought of him and got him something to cherish.

Flowers are meant to die one way or another, and they aren't really meant to have such an expanded life span.

Yoongi, however, stretched his flowers for a long time. It's been two years, and he still ignores the fact that he loves you.