ten

Kingston, New York

Kingston, New York

November 26, 2018

18:02

I have never seen the effect of a targets death on one of their victims. Hazel is utterly shattered by the news. 

I did this.

I will put her back together, no matter how hard it is. 

Ash never experienced the feeling of regret.

Sure he felt shame, loss of hope, maybe even resentment after a kill. This was the first time he truly ever felt guilt after taking out a target. Seeing what it did to Hazel, how she was absolutely shattered from the news of her fathers death.

It made him wonder, what would've happened if he hadn't taken out her father? Would Hazel go back to that house on Abbey Street, and allow for the abuse to continue? Or would she stay with him?

Ash would never be able to find out the answers to his questions, he acted irrationally. God would his father be upset when the weapon he created had acted on his own.

He had acted without orders, and he was learning the consequences to his actions. 

He spent hours holding the blonde within his arms, his thumb brushing against her cheekbone as soft breaths left her lips. 

Ash's mind wandered as he held her, trying to rationalize what he had done. In the end, he was being selfish. If someone wasn't going to protect her, he would. There was no doubt in his mind that she was his, and his alone. Taking out her father would keep Hazel around Ash-- satisfying his need for the girl. 

The sun had set, leaving the two of them within darkness. It was then soft knock sounded at his door, the petite black haired woman peaking into the room, her eyes softening at the sight of her son holding the girl he had an eye for. 

Within seconds, Ash knew exactly what her mother was conveying. His father was home. A deep sigh left his lips, his head nodding. Serena retreated, closing the door behind her softly, leaving her son to say goodbye to his blonde.