fifteen

Kingston, New York

Kingston, New York

January 5, 2019

07:26

Even after telling her, she never looked at me differently. She trusts too easily, accepts too easily. I can't believe she's mine.

The two of them returned to school the day after they returned home from Japan. Over the course of their trip, he explained to Hazel the small nuances of his life-- the secrets he shared with her had never been spoken to another soul. And without hesitation, each time, Hazel accepted him, even after she learned the amount of people Ash had killed. Upon their return, Ash and Hazel avoided his father, hoping to stay away from the man.

She had to be some type of angel sent to earth to save his soul.

Rumors swirled around the death of Hazel's father, as well as the fact that she was cozying up to the most wanted boy at Kingston Heights. No one knew that they had started dating, even the twins weren't privy to that information.

Ash wasn't going to let her out of his sight anytime soon. She was his, and Hazel already knew that.

He silently watched Hazel as she laid within his arms, oblivious to the alarm that had sounded at least three times. While Hazel caught up on sleep, most nights Ash watched her with a calculated gaze, wondering just what she was dreaming about in that pretty little head of hers.

A soft sigh left his lips as he brushed back a shortened strand of blonde hair away from her face, wishing he could allow her to sleep all day, yet they both needed to go to school.

The two of them didn't need to spark more rumors.

"Hazel." Ash cooed, his tone soft as he waited for her to grace him with seeing those warm hazel eyes once again. His mother had once warned him about the drugs in the streets, but never about the girl with hazel eyes and a heartbeat. She was quickly becoming his drug, the one substance he needed.

A soft groan left the girls lips, her body unconsciously rolled into his as she began to wake, his fingers softly caressing the skin that became exposed on her waist. "Come on Kitten we're going to be late." At those words, Hazel's warm eyes shot open, quickly untangling herself from Ash's arms as he laughed at her, a deep chuckle leaving his lips as he watched his blonde begin to get ready for the day.

Within fifteen minutes, Hazel was more than ready to go, while Ash had been ready since the moment she had woken up. He made her a cup of hot chocolate before they left the house, allowing her small hands to be warmed by the substance as he led her to his car, opening the passenger side for her as she slipped within the sleek car.

The twins followed behind Ash and Hazel to school, the unlikely pair laughing as Hazel made her small jokes, pulling up to the school in no time-- just before the first bell.

Ash rounded the vehicle, opening the door for his girl and helping her out, parting with the blonde with a soft kiss on the forehead. The two of them planned to meet for lunch, which was just after their third period classes. It was a shame they only shared one class.

Hazel breezed through her day, avoiding those who asked her about her father, and slowly beginning to make small talk with her peers, who at one point were convinced the girl was mute. She knew the easy flowing day was all too good to be true.

During her third period class, the junior that sat next to her began flirting with the girl, commenting on her eyes, and even reaching out at one point to tug on a shortened strand of blonde hair. The irritation slowly brewed in her veins as she tried to ignore the teenager, checking the clock every few seconds.

A breath of relief left Hazel's lips as the shrill sound of the bell echoed throughout the hallways and classrooms. She quickly scooped up her things, pushing them into her backpack as she nearly sprinted out of the room-- the calls of Noah following behind her.

Hazel's converse hit the linoleum tiles in the hallway as she dodged past the busy high schoolers planning to leave for lunch. Noah was still following her— she could feel her agitation hitting the surface as she turned down the hallway where Ash's locker was.

To her relief, Ash was leaning against his locker waiting for his blonde to greet him for lunch. A small smirk appeared on his lips as she approached him. Hazel brushed her hair behind her ear, a small smile appearing on Ash's lips, "Hey kitten, whats u-"

Hazel interrupted him by placing her lips on his, knowing all eyes would be on the two of them, especially Noah, the boy Hazel wanted nothing to do with. Ash was startled for a moment, before his hands placed on her waist and pulled her body closer to his. The lanky brunette boy behind Hazel flushed nervously as she kissed Ash.

He knew better than to mess with anything the Venator family had claim on. As soon as her lips left his, a blush flushed over her cheeks as she looked around them, seeing a very pale Noah, as well as girls that seemed more than jealous.

"Why'd you just kiss me?" Ash asked her, his green gaze meeting her warm ones. It seemed that he didnt care about the people staring, that he could only focus on the girl before him.

"To get this guy that was flirting with me to back off." Hazel admitted, earning herself a loud chuckle from Ash before he looked around, spotting the boy that seemed to be gobsmacked at the scene Hazel had created. As much as he wanted to destroy the junior, Hazel had already figured out how to do that.

"Good job, kitten," Ash spoke, his lips brushing against her forehead before pulling her down the hallway. "Lets go to lunch."

--

hey all! i apologize if this chapter is kinda shitty

i hope you all are doing well

predictions?

thoughts?

vote + comment!

xo

hailey