fourteen

Tokyo, Japan

Tokyo, Japan

December 25, 2018

02:57

I want this to be the Christmas she remembers forever.

After a couple of days getting lost in Japan— Ash finally decided that it was time to take Hazel on an official date, and make this Christmas the best she's ever had.

Her first date.

Hazel's fingers smoothed over the front of her skirt, a nervous breath leaving her lips. Tonight was the first date she would be going on with Ash, nervousness and excitement flooded her veins— she only hoped she wasn't overdressed. A black checkered skirt ended at her mid-thigh, and a black top was tucked into the hemline of the skirt, all paired with her signature black hightop converse; the ones Ash commented on whenever they went to school.

Hazel pushed her fingers through her wavy hair as Ash knocked on the door separating the suite they shared, her heart thumping inside her chest as she crossed the area inside of the suite to open the door, revealing Ash leaning against the door frame.

Ash's green eyes trailed down her slim form as she opened the door, a smirk appearing on his lips as he looked at her.

"Wow, Kitten, no need to dress up for me." He teased softly, stepping forward to place his hands on her hips, pressing his lips to her forehead for an instant as she was warmed by his touch. Ash was dressed in a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, paired with one of his nicer shirts, and the combat boots he wore everywhere. His hair was styled messily atop his head, almost as if he had just gotten out of the shower.

He had wanted to take Hazel on a date for some time now, and he figured that being in Tokyo would prove to be a first date she'd never forget. Ash's green eyes scanned down her body, taking in her figure as she stood before him. Even if she didn't know it, she was his.

He wouldn't allow anything to come between them. Even if it meant betraying his blood.

The girl blushed slightly from Ash's actions, her warm colored eyes meeting with his once again, "Where are we going?" She asked, pushing her hair behind her ear while watching Ash reach behind her and place the black coat over her shoulders.

"It's a surprise," Ash grinned before pulling a jacket over his shoulders, "You'll have fun Hazel, I promise." He stated while grasping her hand, intertwining his fingers with her own, pulling her out of the hotel room and into the elevator that would bring them to the hotel lobby.

Hazel followed behind Ash as they walked through the lobby, small words being exchanged between the two as they walked out to the street— the city bustling in the early hours of the evening, locals rushing through the busy streets. It seemed that even with it being a major holiday, the majority of the Japanese didn't practice celebrating Christmas.

Her warm colored eyes glimmered as the city lights reflected in her eyes, leaving Ash to look upon her in wonder. He still didn't understand how she could look at their world with such wonder. Ash had seen the horrors of this world, hell he even added onto the chaos, yet she could still find light within every single object she saw.

The two of them wandered through the city. Hazel made the occasional joke towards Ash, drawing a string of chuckles from him. His much larger hand was twined with hers, holding her close as they walked through the streets. Even though he wasn't on a mission, he still watched for danger.

Hazel's converse avoided the small patches of snow that had settled on the cement as they walked, her small form nestled against Ash as they walked. The pair walked for a few more moments until Ash pulled her in front of a traditional Japanese restaurant that she finally understood what was going on.

Of course he would take her to dinner for their first date.

She didn't know why she hadn't figured out that they were going to dinner sooner, for it was a classic first date option. A small smile began to spread across his face as he watched Hazel's face brighten at the sight of the restaurant. "Here we are," He spoke softly, before beginning to pull her towards the entrance.

The restaurant was dimly lit with small lightbulbs hanging over each table, the wood within the restaurant brought a warmth to the space, while traditional Japanese elements were placed around the area. Hazel spoke a few words to Ash before they were seated.

Over the course of dinner, the pair talked over various topics— from Hazel's younger childhood, to Ash's travels across the world. He got to know the girl in ways that he hadn't before, and in ways that his intel wouldn't ever show. For someone who knew almost everything about everyone, Hazel couldn't every be fully described on a slip of paper.

His green gaze trailed over her skin as she sat in the dimmed light of the restaurant, each of her features delicately illuminated, enough to show Ash exactly what he had begun to fall in love with.

The teen barely knew what love was. After killing countless people, and being raised the way he was, he never believed that love was allowed in this— yet she was showing him that love was something that still existed.

Silence settled over the pair as they sat, a light shining behind her warm eyes as Ash leaned forward, a small smile formed on his lips.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked, his tone almost silent as her eyes went wide. The girl never expected for the assassin's son to ask her a question like that, or to even commit to someone who was so fragile. Mouth wide as she thought, the boy felt a slight fear run through his veins for the first time in his life.

"You want to date me?" She asked softly, timidness showing in her voice as she gazed upon the boy she saw as a savior. Ash lifted his hand, pushing his hair through the ink black hair before responding.

"Why wouldn't I want to date you?" He retorted, tilting his head as he gazed upon the girl sitting across from him. Ash wanted to learn what love — but he only wanted her love.

She was his blonde after all.

Slowly, Hazel nodded her head, a light smile forming upon her lips as she leaned forward.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

--------------

omg hi!

i know i haven't been writing much recently, but I'm back!

i sincerely apologize if this chapter isn't great, but ash and hazel are dating now!!

let me know what you think!

vote and comment!

xoxo

hailey