First Date

Shawn had never been so nervous in his life. Not when he first started selling out stadiums or when he had his first major television appearance. Not even when his albums soared to number one and the whole world was focused on his every move. For someone who's experienced so much success, this simple act should be the easiest thing to do but his nerves were through the roof and as Shawn approached your door in the neatly pressed outfit that he spent hours picking out, a wave of anxiety came over his body.

Last week, Shawn had walked into his favorite cafe down the street from his condo and ordered his usual drink. But when he turned to find a table, he noticed the most gorgeous girl sitting near a large window, her nose stuck in his favorite book. Her eyes flicked up for a brief moment, meeting his gaze and immediately Shawn felt his heart beat uncontrollably and his hands started to shake. Almost automatically, Shawn moved closer to her table and slid into the chair on the other side. He never does this but in that split second their eyes met, Shawn felt he couldn't let the moment or this girl go. Everything about her intrgiued him.

"Uh, hi." Shawn said softly as she lifted her head out of the book, closing it and placing next to her drink.

"Hi," she smiled widely but a look of confusion was in her pretty eyes like she was raking her brain to see if she knew the strange but adorable boy that now sat in front of her.

"I'm Shawn," he introduced himself nervously. "You're probably wondering why I'm sitting her but I just couldn't help but notice your book. It happens to be my favorite one ever actually," Shawn spoke, feeling a sheepish smile play at the corners of his lips.

"Nice to meet you Shawn. I'm Y/N and this book also happens to be my favorite. This is like the one hundredth time I've read it," a sweet laugh escaped her lips as she pointed to the book on the table and my heart fluttered at the perfect noise.

"No way." Shawn exclaimed before taking a sip of his hot drink. "I've read it so many times that I practically have it memorized," The two strangers sat at the table for a few hours just laughing and talking about everything that came up in conversation. Although his nerves were still at an all time high, the conversation flowed naturally like Shawn had known this beautiful girl his whole life. Before he knew it, Y/N said she had to go in order to make it on time for a meeting for her job. She thanked him for talking with her but before he could let her walk out the cafe doors and his life forever, Shawn knew he had to ask her out. Luckily, she had said yes and for a whole week, Shawn hadn't been able to stop thinking about Y/N and the upcoming date.

And now here he was, at your door. Shawn nervously wiped his slightly sweaty hands on his nicely pressed pants and started stepping up the few stairs that led to your front door. At 7 o'clock on the dot, he ran a hand through his messy but perfectly styled hair and lightly knocked on the door. Shawn's left foot started tapping against the ground as his nerves began to grow. This was a whole new feeling. He had never been this worked up over a girl before but something about her was different. Just as he was carefully shoving his right hand into his pants pocket, the door to her apartment opened revealing the stunning girl he had met a week ago.

"Hey," she smiled as her eyes traveled up and down his body, taking in every detail about him. From his green patterned button down short sleeve shirt to his usual black boots and the look of nervousness but complete happiness that covered Shawn's face.

"Hi Y/N." Shawn spoke admiring everything about her. The way her hair rested on her shoulders and her perfectly put-together outfit of a cozy knitted sweater, ripped denim jeans and a pair of ankle boots.

"I hope this is casual but dressy enough," she laughed lightly, referring to how Shawn had told her to not get too dressed up because of what he had planned. Instantly, he nodded a few stray curls falling into his hazel eyes.