Get Ready With Me

a/n: this is for MrMndes !! thank you for the request & I hope you love it!

"Connor stop it, weren't you just kidding? You're not actually filming this right?" I laugh, playfully shoving my hand in front of the camera lens as a smile blossoms on my lips.

"Nope. Vogue actually wants me to film a 'get ready with me' video of you. Plus, this is a big deal Y/N! You're going to thank me later." Connor chuckled heartily, video camera still focused on me as I rolled my eyes. The soft glow of the lightbulbs positioned around the vanity mirror rested on my skin as I reluctantly placed my chapstick down on the counter.

The busy noises of New York City floated up from the streets below as the sunshine glistened off the towering skyscrapers that surrounded the hotel.

Reaching up to release my hair from its current messy bun, Tiff began rearranging her work station with a small smile. The whole team was more than ecstatic when they heard the news about my first solo major red carpet event which led to all of them helping me get ready. I was being recognized with an award for all charity work I had done with an organization I started just a little over a year ago. When Shawn couldn't hold the announcement in anymore, everyone broke into a celebration full of bright smiles and loud cheers.

Shawn's tour crew and team had become a second family over the years and I was still insanely grateful for them everyday.

Just as I was about to say something to Connor again, a familiar voice burst into the room.

"Mommy! Guess what?" Sky asked cheerfully as she ran towards me, her arms outstretched. A happy smile instantly spread across my face as I scooped the four year old girl up in my arms and planted a loving kiss on her rosy cheek.

"What is it, sweetie?" The curious question fell off my lips and Sky's big, bright eyes, which were the same exact color has her father's, glistened with wonder. One of her small hands rested on my shoulder while her other began playing with strands of my hair as I held her close in my lap and her beautiful smile grew even wider.

"Daddy says that since I can't go with you tonight because it's only for grown ups, I can get ready with him for our own party!" Sky cheered excitedly, nothing but pure bliss radiating off of her.

"No way, that's awesome!" I replied with a small laugh which made the little girl giggle. My heart was melting at the words my daughter had just said. Shawn never failed to amaze me with how perfect he was as a dad. It was like the role was made specifically for him.

Sky fell silent for a moment, her gaze traveling across my face and then taking in every detail about the hotel room around her. I spotted Connor and his camera hovering just to my side, capturing the sweet moment on film.

"Can I do my makeup with you, Mommy?" Sky piped up suddenly, the question leaving her mouth in a hopeful tone.

"Of course, sweetpea! You didn't wanna do it with Daddy today?" I asked nicely, running my fingers through her wild, brunette curls.

Sky shook her head quickly before meeting my eyes again. "No! Daddy knows how to do your makeup but not mine. Last time, he lost my favorite pretty princess lipgloss and had to use one that wasn't sparkly!" Sky explained dramatically with an adorable laugh.

"Daddy can be real silly sometimes huh? Where is he anyway? Might wanna give him a tutorial on how to do your makeup." My eyes left my beautiful daughter and looked around the room for the signature messy curls and tall man I had fallen in love with.

Just as Sky started babbling enthusiastically to Connor about how she fed a bird in the park earlier today, I spotted Shawn sitting on a comfy armchair in front of the large window with a breathtaking smile painted across his lips. His gorgeous eyes were focused on Sky and I as his head rested in his hand, a fond look covering his face.