Chapter 35 Hunter

“Pretty great, huh?” Maddison asked me, I just nodded in response. Everyone was shouting and cheering. I heard a blood shrilling scream, it sent a shiver down my spine.

“Did you hear that?”

  “Yeah, it probably just some kid messing around. Don’t overthink it, if you want to check, be my guest!

  “I’m gonna check….”

   “Alright I’ll be here, rocking out without you!”

   “Whatever.” I smiled, I made my way through the crowds, so many people! I thought to myself. I quietly crept outside, just in case something was happening. I peeked from the corner of the building, I didn’t see anything.
    Guess Maddie was right, for once! I started to walk back, that was until I heard a crippling voice.
    Kitsune.
I ran from the corner, just as I did they both turned their heads towards me. She yelled something and I heard a bullet shot. I didn’t even realize the Doctor standing right they're. I screamed Toms name, he’d been shot through the heart….I may not be too fond of him but this was different, he could die any second now, with a press of a button I heard a loud sounds coming from the skies, Kitsune jumped up on a helicopter, taking Tom with her.
    “W-what just happened? She..she..Come on Hunter get a grip! Your team leader, you have to think fast! I noticed the Doctor heading into the building.
    “Flareon!” “Yes?” “I need you to go inside, warn Maddison, help her fight back, I have to go save someone.” “Do you know how dangerous that is?! You could d-” “I know but if I don’t go someone else will….now go!” Flareon leaped out of my gem, “Go!”, she ran off after my command.
    I have some work to do. I thought determined, now she will pay! I’m not going to let anyone die on my watch.
I jumped on the side of the helicopter just as it got airborn, I peeked inside, someone sat on the left controlling the copter and Kitsune sat on the left, enjoying the ride. I looked to Tom, he lay on the floor in the back, silent, which made me fear for the worst. I looked down, we were maybe 100, 120 feet off the ground, I had to find a safe place for us to land. Below us was a few old run-down buildings, the helicopter got a few feet lower, now's my chance! I slowly, grabbed Toms arm, shifting him my way.
I quietly whispered to him, “It’s gonna be fine, just….just hold on.” I earged.
I looked down we were still pretty high off the ground, now or never. I let myself fall, pulling his body down with me, the wind fought against us, piercing my skin. I looked up and saw Kitsune staring at us.
    crap!!
Kitsune notice us and started to shoot, I couldn’t fight back, if I did Tom and I could be seperated. In the midst of my scrambled, confused the thought to be lifeless body I’d been holding seemed to awake. He looked up, then I felt us guiding through the air, at first I thought Angel had came to rescue us. How else could we be gliding like this? But when I looked, my eyes didn’t believe what they were seeing. It wasn’t Angel who was flying us but Tom, he had wings. His wings weren’t like Angels, they're were no feathers just a leathery like look, they looked like a dragon's wing almost, a dark purple. They had a few holes towards the bottom.

  “B-but...how?” As I struggled to get my words out he struggled to get his breathes out.

   We were so close to safety, we were only 20 feet from a building, so close. I heard another gun shoot then a thud, the next thing I knew we were falling once again. Tom closed his wings, I pulled his body close to mine and prepared for the tuff landing ahead. My back hit first, I felt the sharpness of wood snaping and hardness of bricks scratch at my skin. Boom! Thud, boom! At last we stopped. I was bruised everywhere, I definitely broke something. My body felt like it was carrying hundreds of bricks, each time I tried to get up I felt  weaker and weaker. I heard coughing and wheezing, I looked to the side of me. I ran to Tom, every step killed me, the pain spread every time I moved, but I knew it was probably nothing compared to what Tom was feeling. I kneeled down.

   “Are you okay? Let me help,” I pulled down his blood stained tux coat. I slipped his shirt off, ripping apart his coat into little pieces, trying to stop the blood flow. If he loses too much…..

  “I-I’m..f..fine.” His words came out between gasps for breath.