Chapter 3

GIDEON

I'd spent the whole night with Wade. It seems my magic had worked and she was completely smitten with me and over the hours spent talking to her I'd become fond of her myself. She was extremely dependant, caring and nurturing. I found myself thinking how happy I was that she was living in a time where she could shine. If we had met in my time I have a feeling I would have looked over her. Her skin tone on it's own would have made her a lower class. How stupid we all were but I didn't have the right to think that when I was planning to take something so important from her. But it was the only way. I had to save my family. That was my job as head of the estate. So anything else had to be pushed from my mind. I had a duty. "Are you alright Gideon?" Wade asks placing a hand on my shoulder. Before I could answer the grandfather clock chimed. That meant that the door would close in about fifteen minutes and it was time for Wade to return to her world... for now. I'd waited centuries for this I could wait a few more weeks.

"It's time for you to go." I say kissing Wades hand. She smiles up at me. Yes she was a lovey specimen. At twenty I'm sure her days were full of suitors and walks in the park. I'd let her have a few more weeks of that. I wonder if their chaperone wondered where they wandered off to at night. None of them used titles when they introduced themselves so it was a wonder that they were all attending university. "Is it that time already?" She asks. She was obviously unhappy with the fact that we had to part but she was coy. Never really saying so. "Yes but I would love to host you again. Call on me anytime." I say. And a smirk crosses her face as if she now has the upper hand. "I just might do that, if you're lucky." She says turning and heading back to the ballroom. I laugh because what else could I do. In my day no one would dare address me in such a way but Wade was all attitude. I follow behind her and in the ballroom I stay back as she finds her friends. Once they're all together plus Edmond I approach. "May I escort you ladies out?" I ask with a bow.

Wade gives me a smile and the others nod. Wade loops her arm through mine and we lead the pack. "I had a wonderful time with you tonight. Be frank with me Darling, when is the next time I can see you?" I ask. The faster I can get her to fall in love with this place or even me, the easier my plan will go. "Friday night maybe? I'd love to come earlier but my friends think it's important that we come as a group. It'll have to fit their schedule." She says. I smile at her. "I hadn't taken you for someone who allows others to boss you around." I say teasingly. "I'm not." She says in faux offence. I lean down and whisper in her ear. "Then come tomorrow night. Sneak out to see me." On the last words my lips brush her ear and I feel her give a small shiver. "Doors open at 7pm, peaks at nine and closes at midnight. That will give us plenty of time." I add. I see her bite her lip in contemplation. "I'll try." She says. I push a small pleasure spell into her where our bodies connect. She'd be back. Nothing felt as good as a full formed spell flowing through you.

At the bridge, I let her go. "Till we meet again." I say "Bye." She answers. The group crosses the bridge and then Edmond calls out to one. "Bronwen?" He says and the tallest of the group turns around. "Yes?" She says eyes focusing directly on my younger brother. "Don't forget, you are my wingwoman." He says. She smiles. "I'll be back." She says before turning away and heading off with her friends. I stare down my brother and for the first time he stares back with equal strength. "Don't let your emotions cloud our goal." I say. I walk away and I can hear Edmond snort behind me. I'd deal with him later I didn't have time for this to fall apart. Not now we were too close.

RANA

We crawled through the door and our gowns are still there. We looked like we'd walked out of a high fashion magazine instead of a closet. "Wait, I left my favorite leggings back there." I blurt as the door closes. "Bummer." Corey says seperating from the group. "Hey, where are you going?" Sicily asks her. "To read the cards you wanna come?" She asks. "Oh hell yeah. I'm in!" The clock read midnight and I had class tomorrow. I should really go home but I wanted to know what Corey saw.