Chapter 6

The next morning, while Loki is in the shower, I leave a note on his bedside, reading "Gone out, be back soon. Text me if you need me."

By the time I get to the address Thor gave my, I'm late. He gives a weak smile as I sit in front of him "What has my brother done now?"

"What happened a few years ago?" his smile drops and he leans back, as white as a ghost "He says that he doesn't really remember it."

"Loki... he's a maniac depressant... bipolar." Thor states, before explaining "His mood can change on the drop of a dime. At times, his disorder disappears entirely."

"I know what manic depression is." I remark, before leaning forward on the table and glaring at him "That's not what I asked."

He clears his throat as the barista comes walking up. We order, and we're silent until we get our drinks.

After the barista walks off, Thor starts "Loki... he was at his worst." Thor nods "He was either cutting himself and crying, or silent, and daydreaming." he spins his wedding ring on the table "In the course of a year, he tried getting kill himself eighteen times. We had a doctor the mansion, constantly. He'd keep it off the books." He takes a drink before sighing "He'd go weeks without eating. It was just because he didn't feel hunger. He'd just lay in bed, and stare at the walls."

"How'd you feed him?" I ask and he gives a sad look "I'd wish to know,. Just in case..." I trail off and sigh "In case he just stops."

"He had a feeding tube." Thor nods, before explaining "He wouldn't move for days. I'd go and sit with him, and talk to him, but I don't think he knew I was even recognized I was there."

With a sigh, I lean back as he continues "After six months of it, he started drinking very heavily. Started using."

"Wait." I demand, before asking "Loki was actually a junky?" He nods and I give him a look of surprise "What was he on?"

Thor holds out his hand and counts off "First, it was just pot... he was cutting less, and he eating more. Then this disorder got worse, and he stopped using pot." he sighs "At month eight, I saw him snorting cocaine. Then, I start noticing track marks. He was mixing herion, meth, coke, and lsd." He shakes his head "Then I found him in the shower, foaming at the mouth, after eleven months."

I stare in disbelief and Thor explains "We got him cleaned up, his disorder went into remission, and he never went back on drugs." he looks down at the table and sighs "After our mother died, Loki's disorder came back." he clears his throat "I'm sure you've noticed his latest habit."

When I give a confused look, he gives an apologetic look "You didn't know?" Thor asks, before clearing his throat "He's smoking."

"Really?" I ask and he nods "I haven't noticed."

"If Loki doesn't want you to know something, you won't know it." he states, before sighing "I didn't know he was gay until Thanos strangled him for the third time."

"What did Thanos do when Loki was... sick?" I ask and he shakes his head "He didn't even drop by?"

"I've never even met him." Thor states and my eyes bulge "Yeah, Loki was practically dying, and he didn't give a shit."

"What did you tell your kids?" I ask and he frowns "When Loki was sick? What did you tell them?"

"We told them Uncle Loki wasn't feeling well." he admits, before looking me over "There's a reason you're here."

I take a sip of my drink and nod "Yeah, and I guarantee that you know what it is." he gives a short nod and we sit in silence for a long time.

After awhile, he asks "Do you think you can help him with his disorder?" I nod and he shakes his head "No you can't. You can live with it, and it might go into remission, but you can't just get rid of it."

"I know." I staye, before looking down at my drink. With a sigh, I admit "I can find myself loving him."

He scoffs "Trust me, he's going to rip you in two."

~

When I get home, I find Loki chomps down on leftovers from yesterdays lunch. He swallows what he's eating and asks "How was your day?"

"Thor and I talked." I declare and his smile drops. With a sigh, I walk over to him and sit next to him. As I take his hand, I can tell he's shutting down. When my lips meet his wrist, I whisper "I'm here for you."

He gives a confused look and I speak softly "Loki, I..." I sigh, before clearing my throat "Let's be clear, I don't like the fact that you smoke, and I'm going to make sure that you eat, but I'm not going to push you."

He nods and I point to his food "All I've done today is eat." he states, before looking to me "Have you eaten?" I shake my head and he moves the rest of his food to me.

As I start eating, he clears his throat "The kids left about an hour ago..." he licks his lips as I scarf down the burrito "And Banner is out with Natasha..."

I smirk at him and ask "Do you have anything in your pockets?" he pulls out his phone and sits it on the table "Is that it?" I ask and he nods. When I finish my food, I pull him down the stairs and past my lab to get to the pool.

Once we stand on the edge, I pull him into the water and end up with him.

As we reach the surface, he laughs and pulls me closer to him. We float towards the shallow end. When we get there, he plants his lips to mine.

With a sigh, he backs away to pull off his pants and toss them out of the pool. When he turns back, he hangs his arms over my shoulders and hums a little toon. I look at him to find pure beauty. As my arms slide around his waist, I get a weird feeling in my stomach.

He kisses me gently as the water gingerly sways us. A pleasant sound escapes his lips as my hand slides down to his ass.

When he pulls his face away, he slides his hands down to the hem of my shirt and he rests his head on my shoulder.

"Can I bottom?" he asks, a blush bites his cheeks and I scoff, before sliding my hands in his boxers.

"I'll treat you well." I speak softly.