Chapter 10

As I step out the backseat of my car, cameras flash all around as I walk towards the door, waving for them. When I spot Loki being hassled by a reporter, I stop next to him and his date.

He smiles at me as I turn to the reporter "Excuse me, I have to pull him away from you. We have business to attend to."

As soon as we're away from the reporter, Darcy smiles at me "So you're the new man I've heard so much about."

I smile down at her in her maroon dress, before looking to Loki's maroon suit "Yes, yes I am."

As soon as we're at the bar, I order mine and Loki's drink, before looking to Darcy "Just a club soda."

Loki smiles warmly down at her as Thor and a little thing walks up to us "Brother, I heard father volunteered you for an interview and photoshoot."

Loki grovels, before explaining "Yes, you know Odin and his obsession with trying to run my life."

Thor's about to say something, as Pepper steps up. Loki gives a look of distain, only for me to ask "Give us a minute?"

After a moment, Loki backs away and looks to Darcy "How about a dance?" he asks offering his hand.

Once they're gone, Pepper give a weak smile "I thought that was your girlfriend." I shake my head, before she asks "Well, where is she?"

"Doing their own thing." I state, placing my drink down "The dad wouldn't like us together." I nod, before clarifying "Dad and I are business partners."

She smacks my arm, playfully "My god, Tony! Are you trying to ruin your business? You're so unprofessional!"

"It was happening before the business was." I state, looking out to find Loki and Darcy waltzing.

Pepper and I talk for awhile, and whenever I look to Loki, I find him practically shaking the life out of Darcy, in excitement.

He gives her a hug, before pulling back and placing a finger to his lips, before pulling her out of the crowd.

When he's up the stairs, I turn to Pepper "I'm so sorry, but I have to talk to someone." and with that, I walk up the stairs.

For awhile, I've thought I've lost them, until I hear Darcy laughing and her playfully order someone to stop.

When I find them in a dark hallway, I find him sucking on her neck. Instantly, I pull him off of her, only to find, it's not Loki at all.

"I'm so sorry!" I cry out, as Darcy glares at me "I thought he was Loki, and I don't know what happened!"

"Loki surprised me with Ian!" Darcy states, before pointing to the man "My husband! Who just found out I'm pregnant!"

"That's why Loki was excited?" I ask and she nods "Well, where's Loki now?"

"He said he was heading home." Darcy states and I nod "By the way, I've long since learned that, I'm not Loki's type. Trust me, you don't have to worry about him cheating on you."

I give a short nod and disappear down the hall. When I find the roof, I stubble across the gravel to a balcony.

"Hey stranger." Pepper smiles as she comes from another direction "Did you get down what you needed to get done?"

"As much as I could." I state, leaning against the railing "My sweetheart is gone. I might as well head out."

She gives me a hug, and I hug back, until she pulls back and kisses me. She pulls back and gasps "I'm sorry."

"It's alright." I sigh, stepping back, before clearing my throat "Just, uhh, don't let it happen again, or you'll have a crazy brunette on your ass."

"Oh, she's a brunette?" Pepper asks and I nod "Was it the girl Loki was dancing with?" I laugh at that and she frowns "What?"

"Darcy is pregnant, and married." I reassure, before smirking "And I'm in love with a man." she gives a shocked look, I scratch my beard "Yeah."

"Oh." she says and I nod "Oh, god!" she covers her mouth and sighs "Jesus Christ, I'm sorry! Who is it?"

I lick my lips and she gasps "It's Loki, isn't it?" I stay silent and she slaps my arm "You luck son of a gun!"

"I am very lucky." I agree.

"What are you still doing here?" she screeches, before gripping my shoulders "You have that hot toddy at home and you're not rushing home?"

"You're right." I sigh, before giving her a hug "I'm going to head home."

~

When I get home, I find my bed empty "Jarvis, is Luka home?"

"No, sir."

With a sigh, I crawl into bed and fall asleep.

A hand on my cheek, wakes me. Loki sits next to me. He whispers "Were you having a bad dream?"

"I don't know. I can't remember." I whisper and he nods, sweetly "Where were you?"

"I had to go to the store." he states, before explaining "Just in case they need me shirtless, I brought liquid latex."

I nod to that and sigh "Are you coming to bed?" I ask, before yawning "Come to bed."

He places a kiss on my forehead, before standing and pulling off his tie. He kicks off his shoes, before unbuttoning his shirt and pulling off his wifebeater. Once he's done, he strips off his pants.

After he spoons me, I turn my head to place a kiss on his lips. When I turn back, he ravishes my neck and I sigh "Loki, it's not a good time."

He scoffs and traces his hand up and down my side, before reaching down my front "That's not what your body is telling me."

His hand slides up, and I hear him do something, before his hand slides down and I gasp, sliding my leg over his for him to get better access.

He chuckles as I grip his arm and moan out.

~

The next morning, I wake to find Loki in the bathroom. He holds his straight blade in hand. As I sprint in he bathroom, worry turns to relief as I see that half of his chin is covered in shaving cream.

As I rest my head on his shoulder, he smiles "Good morning."

"Did you run this morning?" I ask and he makes a sound resembling a no "Really? You always run."

As he wipes his blade, he shrugs "I just didn't feel like it today." I give a worried look and he smiles "I'm completely fine." Once he's done shaving, he turns to me "So, there's actually a reason I didn't get home until real late last night."