Chapter 16

"Loki?" I ask and he hums in recognition as his hands stretch over my stomach "You say that you don't want me to care for you, but you're bathing me."

"Caring for me would be different." he speaks softly "It's like caring for an infant. Change me, bathe me, feed me, keep me away from deadly things."

"I could do that." I state and he sighs "If it means I would have you in my life, I wouldn't care about it."

"But I would." he states and I look up to him "I don't want to be your burden." he gives a soft chuckle, before running a hand through my wet hair "How are you to care for me, when you can't care for a child."

The bath water ripples as I raise my hand to his cheek "I'd learn." I insist and he gives a weak smile, before standing up, only for me to wrap my arms around his waist.

"Tony Stark, don't you dare!" he demands, only to be pulled into the tub, completely clothed "You better be glad it's Valentines Day."

"I am." I smirk, before giving him a kiss.

As I untie my other hand, Loki lays lifeless on the floor. Tears start to stream down my face as I dig through Thanos pockets.

When I retrieve his phone, I dial 911 as I crawl over to Loki, who breathes heavily in his unconscious state.

As I press the reminds of my shirt to his wound, I plead "Loki, baby, please wake up!"

"911, what's the nature of your emergency?"

"I-i don't know where we are, but he's been stabbed!" I cry out, before explaining "We're in a warehouse!"

"Who's been stabbed, sir?"

As she asks, Loki just stops breathing and panic overwhelmes me "He's not breathing!" I cry out, abandoning my post to grip his face and rest my forehead on his, before pleading "Please, wake up!"

"Sir, I need you to calm down and try to express what's happening. We've traced your phone. There's an ambulance on its way."

"You're all that I have!" I cry out as my sobbing turns to repetitive groaning out in agony "Please, you have to open your eyes!"

My chest burns as I run my thumbs over his cheeks. After a long few minutes of my pleading, the door Loki walked through, swings open and a couple of paramedics rush in.

"Sir, we need you to back away." the man insists and I hesitantly back away.

The woman steps over to Loki as the man helps me up "It's weak, but we got a pulse!" the woman announces.

I let out a sigh of relief as they pull him onto the stretcher. In a matter of seconds, we're out the door and in the ambulance.

As I grip his hand, the woman sits on top of him, pressing down on his wound.

~

As Thor walks into the waiting room, I stand "Are you okay?" he asks and I shake my head, before sitting back down.

"He was trying to piss Thanos off, so he could protect me." I explain as a tear slips down my cheek.

"Jane is on her way with the kids." Thor sighs, before clearing his throat "They said that he's in surgery. But they're not too optimistic..."

We sit there for what feels like forever, until Jane walks in with five kids. Thor stands to greet them and take the baby girl from Jane.

She gives me a hug, before asking "How are you feeling?" I give a weak smile and she nods "I'm sorry, Tony."

When she sits down, something dawns on me "I killed a man today." They look to me as I stare at the chair across from me.

"You had to do it." Thor state and I nod, not letting my eyes slip from the chair as I remember how good it felt to pull that trigger.

"Yeah, but I didn't have to enjoy it." I state, before rubbing my hands together "There was a moment, right after, where I relished in the fact that his brain was plastered to the wall."

"He was torturing you." Thor states and I glare at him "What did he do to you in there, anyway?"

In shame, I look away and clear my throat "He didn't mess with me that much... but he forced us to do things." They give a concerned look and I sigh "I doubt that we'll be the same."

Thor rests his hand on my shoulder and I slide off of it. His face goes dark and we slip into an uncomfortable silence.

After another five hours, or twenty in my mind, a doctor walks in with a smile on his face "Odinson family?"

We stand and he nods in amazement "You've got a fighter. With that amount of blood loss, he should be dead." a wave of relief washes over me "We got him stitched up, and his shoulder will probably never be the same, but he's alive and I suspect he'll be able to leave in a few days." he shakes his head "He's asleep, and I doubt he'll wake up until tomorrow, but I can take you to him."

We start to walk after him and he stops me "Family only. What's your relationship with him?"

Without a second thought, I declare "I'm his fiance." he gives a short nod and leads me with the others.

When we reach Loki's room, I perch myself on the edge of a chair next to his bed and take his right hand.

"Fiance?" Thor asks, when the doctor leaves. He sits on the couch behind me, bouncing his baby in his lap.

"Okay, I lied." I state, before wrapping both hands around his "I just... I needed to be here, okay?"

"Whatever." he smirks, before remarking "Might as well pop the question. You're basically already family."

"Shut up." I scoff, before sighing and looking to Loki's scarred cheek. Despite the cut, he looks like the Loki I met in the bar.

~

The next morning, Thor and his family go to get breakfast as I sit by Loki's bedside. The news plays on the television.

"Tony?" my head snaps around to find Loki squints at me "How long was I out?"

"Well, Happy Valentines Day." I smile at him as he yawns "Also, if the doctor asks, I'm your fiance."

"Is that right?" he smirks tiredly, before gripping my hand tiredly as I nod "I'm fine with that."

"You know, I was thinking..." I state and he stares at me in amusement "Maybe, it would be easier, if I didn't have to lie about that." he smirks and I continue "And I know it's cliche, asking you on valentines day, but..."

"Tony Stark?" he asks, an sleepy smile creeps across his face "That's a hell of a cliche." he smirks, before declaring "It would be an honor."

A smile spreads across my face, before he asks "What kind of Tylenol am I on? This shit sucks."

"Well, they didn't give a high dosage, because you're past with drugs." I state and he glances up at his drip.

"Gave me that vicodin bullshit." he grovels, before sighing "I'll be fine." he grips my hand tighter.

"So, Thanos..." I smirk as Thor walks into the room "He's pretty old..."

His eyes lighten up as he sees the baby. As he take he baby, he explains "So what? I have a thing for older guys."

"Fifteen years." I state and he shrugs his solid shoulder.

"You're five years older than me and I'm marrying your short arse." he reminds and Thor stares in amazement.