The Trial

*Oleysa's POV*

My body feels like it took the biggest fucking beating of my life. My head felt foggy as my brain tried to wake up. I could here the faint sound of people talking only a little ways from me.

I finally try to open my eyes by rubbing them, but something cold and hard reaches my face. I suddenly jump up in alarm and realize I'm chained up on a bed.

'What the hell?! Where the fuck am I?!' I scream in my mind, trying to ward off the panic that was quickly rising in me. The room dropped a few degrees as the water in the air around me reacted to my emotions. I close my eyes and try to meditate for a second to gain back control and calm myself. The room slowly goes back to its original temperature as my anxiety dwindles. I open my eyes to take in where I was.

I take a look at my surroundings and find I'm in a dirty jail cell. The only light illuminating the room was a candle on the other side of the bars. Three people stood outside my cell. Two of them I immediately recognized as Hanji and Commander Erwin, this made me somewhat calmer. The other guy was obviously a guard, being he had a shotgun in his hands.

Both Eyebrows and Hanji stared at me curiously, as they had seen my panic and the sudden meditation. They probably felt the room temp drop, and realized it was probably my doing when it suddenly went back to normal as I had visibly calmed down.

"God, don't you people ever clean these damn things?" I groan in disgust as a putrid smell attacked my nose, and realized just how filthy the cell I was in was. I stretch my limbs out, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed the guard tense up at my actions. I just roll my eyes.

I hear Hanji mumble something like, "Oh god Shorty's OCD passed down to his offspring. Who would have thought it?" She laughs at the end, slapping Erwin on the shoulder.

I look back at the guard and he started to shake. He had his gun ready to shoot me at any moment. I looked at the crest on his jacket and finally understood his actions.

"Relax MP. No need to shit your pants just because I stretched. If I wanted to, I would have already killed you by now, but I haven't now have I?" He gulped in fear and I chuckled. Erwin cleared his throat to get my attention. He came closer to the bars and started to explain the situation to me.

"Your trial is today. Whatever the judge decides later this afternoon will be the result of your death or your life continuing. We will do everything in our power to get custody of you. You just have to do your part in winning them over. Show them that your heart lies with humanity now, and that you are willing to put your life on the line to prove it. Hanji will be back to help escort you to the courtroom. I wish you the best of luck, Olesya." And with that him and Hanji leave the room.

To be totally honest I was nervous. How were they going to persuade everyone that I was no longer a threat? The judge has probably already seen my rep sheet and made the decision.

I was fucked.

I sat in my cell for a good hour, trying to keep my mind off the fact that I was surrounded by filth. 'Seriously do these people not even clean these things monthly?' I cringe at the thought.

"Oi! You have a visitor Executioner!" The guard yelled out at me, breaking me out of my trance. I look up at the person and wish I hadn't.

It was him.

"Tch. What the fuck do you want?" I spit out with venom in my voice. He looks at me and sighs. He leans against the wall and crosses his arms in front of him.

"I wanted to talk to you, and see you before they take you." I only glare at him and he looks down in defeat.

"You know, I looked for you guys every chance I could. I never gave up hope that I would one day find you two. Never gave up hope that you two would still be ok. I just... just wish..." he trailed off. Seeming to be looking in his memories.