Gay rights? 🤔

This chapter is dedicated to: Sexynightfury . He is also writing a journal-like story of his own life experiences, so go check it out! I believe it's called 'Class of 2021'.

A little over an hour ago, Nightfury wanted to know why Jehovah's Witnesses don't support gay rights. The answer is heavily based on the bible, and so I'm going to use the scriptures to explain to anyone who might know this about us, but doesn't know why.

Everything we do as Witnesses is supported by the bible. The reason why we live so strictly based on the bible is because we know that that is the only way to survive the destruction of this world. God has sworn to destroy the wicked on the earth, just as he did in the days of Noah, and the ark. Noah and his family were saved because they obeyed Jehovah, and when we get baptized and dedicate ourselves to this sevice, we vow to do the same.

The bible condemns homosexuals, and clearly states that God does not approve of their lifestyle. For example, 1 Corinthians 6:9 says, "Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit Gods kingdom? Do not be misled.Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters,adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, [the list continues in the next verses]". Those who practice homosexuality, male or female, will not survive the end of this world. It is not something we have made up because we "hate" gays. It is something that the bible says. Another scripture is found in Leviticus 18:22, which says, " You must not lie down with a male in the same way that you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable act".

It is made very clear here how God feels about homosexuality. We want to have Jehovah's approval, so we love what he loves, and we hate what he hates. Keep in mind, it is not homosexual people whom we hate. It is the homosexual lifestyle.

Furthermore, there are people who say that God "loves everyone". However, Isaiah 5:20 warns us "Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good". In other words, don't get it twisted. God has always hated homosexuality, and he always will. The people he loves, are the people who love him, and who obey him.