Thus Humbly He Scattered

December 18th 2017...........
One year ago today....a rose finally decided to be free. Kim Jonghyun went on his next big adventure. We all know death is truly grim but it is another part of life. I will be writing a short story and a letter to commemorate this amazing human being.

December 18th 2018.......
Today I went to visit my best friend Kim Jonghyun. I met him while he was in preschool, he came to my aid when I was being bullied and from then we became best friends. He was there for me and I was there for him, we always did everything together. You can say we were INSEPARABLE!! We always encouraged each other to pursue our dreams and I was so elated when he told me he successfully became a trainee at SM entertainment to become a singer and I was even more proud when he debuted with SHINee. He saw me graduate and become a well-known journalist, he even begged me to audition for SM because he loved to hear me sing but I was fine with my career choice.

We promised to always be connected and talk to each other about anything despite distance and schedules. In the beginning, we would always text each other through the day and wish each other sweet dreams when night time came. In the early days it was frequent but as time dwindled so did our communication...you could say we grew apart. Then things went for the worse, the members would tell me how depressed he was. He would lock himself in his room and cry, the shine in his eyes gone and I saw it when he performed. I wanted to help him, assure him that things will get better. I constantly blew up his phone hoping he would respond but he never did until one day he sent me a text that will forever haunt me........

Please forever be my Angel. I love you so much......Goodbye
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
That was the last time I would ever see him.
My best friend left me that day. I would never see his smiling face or hear his wonderful voice calling me His Angel or me calling him My Rose.

I wanted to go to the funeral but the pain was too much to bear, so here I am one year later after he left me. I went to his headstone and place a bouquet of his favourite flowers...Blood red and Pink roses on top of it. I told him of all that happened in the past year and I never knew I started crying while talking to him. I told him I'll be back before midnight because I had an important job to do.

That night.................
SHINee had asked me to sing at Jonghyun's Memorial concert at Seoul Stadium. All of his family, friends, the SM Family and Fans had come to support the group and pay tribute to him. I haven't sung in a very long time and I was very nervous but I knew I had to do this for him!

 I haven't sung in a very long time and I was very nervous but I knew I had to do this for him!