One.

3 years later.

After he closes a deal, Nick Jean, makes a trip to the home to check on its condition to see what needs to be improved before renting it out. As soon as this house went on the on the market, he did not hesitate to add it onto his portfolio. When he heard that the owner has abandoned this home, and that the bank was selling it for only 100 grand, he told his assistant that he would be leaving the office early to buy it even without looking at it on the inside.

He usually makes the trip to a house with his contractor, but since it was a last minute thing, he did it himself. He has been around his contractor so many times, that he will be aware if there is any fixing required before putting any tenants.

It's a good looking neighborhood he thought to himself. He's quite weary as to why they didn't notice that the house was vacant before, especially since there's an HOA. There's a community pool, gym, playground, cafeteria, and plenty more. Now, he's considering this to be more of a flip than a rental assuming that the HOA might have strict rental rules and regulations.

The community seemed friendly and fun. Kids are playing with one another, families are having a cookout with plenty laughter and games. However, he is questioning it as well because the disappearance of the previous owner that no one seemed to not know was missing. Maybe they do, but just haven't said anything.

His GPS tells him that the destination is on his left. He pulls into the driveway, feeling like he just hit a  jackpot. He paid 100k for a 3/3 in a community with a golf course, which is rare since he didn't have to pay all of the other fees. The home is beautiful. Though his is bigger and worth more, he's getting a great feeling here. He knows he would make a great amount of money once he flips it.

He steps out of his Tesla with his shades on. Before walking to the front door with the key provided by the bank, he turns to look at the homes surrounding hers. They're all beautiful. He lives in the city where he can hear cars pass by, lights flashing, music playing, all of which he enjoys considering he's always been a city guy. This neighborhood is not too far from the city, but it's completely quiet and family oriented.

"Good morning," A neighbor yells while she waters her garden that is blooming with beautiful plants.

"Good morning." He waves with a smile. I hope she doesn't bring me a fruit cake. He says to himself through gritted teeth. Nick walks towards the front door to welcome himself in what he expects to be a vacant home, but he was wrong. The furniture is still there. Everything is still in place like she left it, but he doesn't know. The expensive furniture is beautiful. There's a long espresso sectional couch that takes up the living room, surrounding the storage ottoman and right in front of the fire place. There isn't a television, which he finds to be quite weird in a home. The dinner table is also espresso with one one chair. The rugs under the dinner table and ottoman are cream which match the walls.

"Wow," He stuffs the keys in his pockets. He's wondering if this person dead or alive. Being the money maker he is, he would've made great profit out of selling this furniture. He heads directly upstairs to look at the bedrooms before looking at the rest of the first floor. If this is the living room looks, he can't imagine how the bedrooms are.

The first two he comes across are empty. The only thing you see if the sun beaming through the curtains. That gave him the indication that the person was a loner. Maybe they emptied it out. He thinks to himself as he makes his way to the master bedroom. He is introduced to a king size bed upon opening the door. It was cream with a big head board. The night stand, dresser, and chest matched. It seemed brand new.

The bed sheets, pillow cases, and the comforter are black. He pats down on it and it felt smooth. He takes a small pillow to his hand sniffed it. It smelt brand new, as if no one ever laid on it. Every drawer is empty, so he has no way to identify who lived here. The walk in closet it empty. Everything personal is gone but the furniture.

They only left a rug, plumber, and scrubber in the bathrooms. As he walks back down the steps to analyze the rest of the home, he receives a phone call from his assistant. "Hey," He pause.

"Hey Nick. How does the place look?"

"Beautiful. They left it furnished with expensive furniture. I might just flip it instead of renting it."

"Wow. What a great deal. I want to see  it soon. Listen, Vincent called and said that he set up a meeting with a bank tomorrow for an apartment complex. It's for tomorrow at 2. I added it to your calendar and sent a reminder to you phone with the location." She explains. He walks through the kitchen to the other side of the home. He is caught by the huge piano sitting near the sliding glass door that leads to the pool. "Nick, are you there?"

"Yes. I will be there tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your day." He hangs up and puts the phone back in his pocket. He walks to the black Yamaha piano with the Mini Grand Cabinet lying flat. He sees a journal lying on top with a folded letter. Read, was written on the letter in cursive. He grabs the letter and slowly unfolds it.

If you're reading this, that mean you have found my piano and lyric book. I did not write this letter because I was dying per say. I wrote this because I'm simply about to endure on a journey where I go with nothing but my clothes. I decided to leave behind my furniture as a gift for anyone who needs it or buys this house. Everything is paid off, so you don't have to worry about people breaking the door down for the furniture.

You might be wondering about me. Who am I? You won't know who I am and I'd rather keep it that way. I left no trace behind for you to find out about me as you probably noticed by now. Where am I? Well, I won't know until I get there because I haven't search for a specific location.

I've left behind the best gift that made me happy and that is my... your new piano. It is in good condition and plays beautifully, and if the piano is not playing well, the piano has a 5 year warranty, if you buy the house within its 5 years. I left my journal behind filled with the lyrics I have written. I also instructed how to play the piano to the lyrics. You can choose what you want to do to it.

Please note that it was a form of expression for me. You new piano was the only one willing to listen to me, even though it brought this pain I have trouble getting rid of. The lyrics I've written are how I feel. Hopefully, during my journey, I no longer feel the same because it sucks.

Enjoy the sound that resonates throughout the body of the instrument. It produces rich reverberation that envelopes the listener in sound. I hope you create art with it.

Sincerely,
Anonymous.