Five

Nick is sitting in his office as he answers each email from employees and companies' that are looking for an investment. The deal he and Vincent closed on is currently in the works and will be ready to rent out in about 6 months. The units he already has are doing great. The millionaire is constantly closing deals and quadrupling his money; not only in the real estate business, but the investment business as well. Truth be told, he is not so far from being a billionaire. He's just one good investment away.

   His office phone rings from his assistant. "Nick," She speaks. "Sophie is here to see you."

   Sophie? Nick questions. Vincent's ex? What does she want? "Send her in." In a matter of seconds, Sophie walks in and glances around the room before landing her eyes on him. There's an awkward silence. The two of them haven't spoken since she and Vincent have broken up. Nick gets up to meet her. "Hey. Long time no see."

   "Yeah. How've you been?"

   Nick sits on the edge of his desk as she stands in front of him. "Ive been good. Im learning how to play the piano." He lets out a chuckle after he looks at her facial expression.

   "Piano? Why?"

   "To be honest, I really do not know. So what brings you here?"

"I need you to invest in my restaurant so I can open it. I tried other investors, but they do not believe in me and they want to own 50% of my business. That is ridiculous. At least with you, you won't cheat me. The banks will not approve me because I haven't taken out a loan before, so they do not know if I can be trusted."

"Do you think that's a good idea with Vincent's..."

Sophie interrupts him. She did not want to hear his name nor did she plan on running into him. What made her show up today is that she deleted Nick's number the moment her and Vincent broke up and that she remembers that Vincent doesn't come to his office on Mondays. "This is strictly business. I don't care about your friend nor what he has to say."

Nick believes her. His best friend's relationship troubles shouldn't stop him from a deal. Plus, Vincent has moved on. He shouldn't care if Nick invested in his ex's restaurant which he believes will succeed. "How much do you need?"

"$500,000."

"Woah. Half of a million dollars? Are you sure you're ready to take on something big without knowing what you're getting into?"

Sophie stands there perplexed. She wants to open up her restaurant badly, but she's never been a math or a sales person. She's never been the person to take risks. "To be honest, I don't know. Vin... Vincent used to help me with these things."

"Vincent is the person you should be talking to. He would get you a better deal than what they're asking for and before you let your pride get in the way, do you really want to open this restaurant?" Nick stands up and walks to his chair. He picks up his cell phone and starts scrolling through his contacts for Vincent's phone number.

She quietly stands there for a minute, thinking about what he said. She knows that he is right. She has to do what's best to achieve her goal of opening her restaurant. The one Vincent has known about. She lets out a deep sign before responding, "Where is he?"

"I am about to call him right now." He presses on call button on his iPhone.

"You know you could have gotten me a better deal as well."

"That is true, but I think you and Vincent should see each other a couple more time before you go back and disappear."

"Wassup?" Vincent answers the phone and speaks through his car speakers.