Bruce-It's Okay

—when Bruce has a hard time at work and he's stressed out till he became Hulk. You try to stop him—

As you walked around the Avengers tower, you saw Steve, Thor and Loki casually chatting about nonsense. As you grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, you felt eyes on you. You looked behind you and it wasn't Thor Loki or Steve. And there was no one else around. So you shrug it off and head towards the lab, where Bruce and Tony were trying to create a new weapon, which, not to your surprise, wasn't working.

Bruce sighed at the failure of a project in front of him, as Tony examined it again.

"Look Bruce it's ok we can do something different" Tony sighed.

"No Tony, you said we need to make these weapons otherwise we're vulnerable against our next rival" he said, rubbing his temples. You watched as Bruce paced around the room. This was their 12th attempt, using Wakanda's vibranium, and were only given a couple crates full, enough to make weapons for all the Avengers.

"Bruce it's okay, you can get it right I promise" you said calmly.

"No (y/n) it's not! For once I just want something to work on the first try!" He said, his skin turning green, "I'm sick of third times a charm! I want this done perfectly and nothing works!"

As he grew larger you and Tony backed away.
You saw Banner's eyes go from calm to angry filled and distressed. Hulk runs out of the lab to the living space, thrashing around and throwing the furniture.

"Banner!" Tony yelled, running after him. He looked at him, about to throw the coffee table at Tony. If it were for his suit he'd be squashed under the coffee table.

"No Banner only Hulk!" Hulk yelled. Thor and Steve went to go help, not Loki, because of his bad experience with the beast.

"Hulk! Calm down!" Thor said, wielding his mighty hammer Mjölnir. Steve grabbed his shield and they tried to corner Hulk into the corner. Which didn't help. What was worse, was that Nat was out of vacation, was told to take a break from Fury. And she's the only one that can calm him down.

You ran out to the dilemma and watched as Hulk threw Steve to the kitchen, and he upper cut Thor. You didn't know what to do, your powers wouldn't help either. But the only thing you were capable of doing was running towards Hulk and hugging him.

"It's okay, Hulk. The sun is going down, the water's calm, the air is cool" you said, holding his hand, afraid he'd squish it. But he didn't. He still looked angry, but his breathing went from heavy to more calm. You rubbed his palm with your hand, your head on his chest. "It's okay. The sun is going down"

You feel Hulk shrink into Bruce, your head still on his chest. You move away and blush. Bruce graves his ragged pants and pulled them up and ran to his room to get changed.

"(y/n), how did you do that?" Thor said, amazed at how you could make Banner calm down.

"I-I honestly didn't think it'd work" you laughed under your breath.
Tony looked at you smirked.

"You have the special touch champ" he chuckled.

"I-I do not" you blushed. The two brothers smirked and walked away, Steve just staring at you. He walks up to you and rests his hand on your shoulder.

"You like him don't you" Steve said.

"W-what? No!" You lied.

He only smiled at you and rolled his eyes.

"He- never mind" he said, walking away. You shrugged it off and headed to your room to do some work for S.H.I.E.L.D. As you did, you heard a knock on your door.

"JARVIS let them in" you said, continuing to type on the computer.

"(y/n), I-I just want to say thank you" Bruce said,"A-and I apologise for yelling at you"

You look at him and your face flushed red.

"It really is okay Bruce. Anytime" you smiled. He walked closer to you and sat on your bed.

"That's not all" he said, having you look at him.

"You calmed me down, not like Nat. You were closer, a-and it felt, good. L-like it was different. You weren't scared of me and you didn't hesitate. And I could feel a connection" he said.

"I don't understand Bru-"

He interrupted you with a soft kiss. You were stunned but you were enjoying it nonetheless.
You ran your fingers through his curly locks as he grabbed your waist.

"I-I'm sorry" he said. As he was about to walk off, you grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

"It's okay"