•0.1•

The sound of Hanuel's thick souled boots hitting broken pavement echoed throughout the town. Not far behind, guards shouted angrily, surely waking the feeble peasants from their sleep. Lights flickered on inside the houses, signaling that the boys had passed through, leading the chain-dressed-men straight to him. Hanuel's chest rose up and down quickly, and his legs began to stiffen. He felt his shoulder bruise under the great weight of the bagged gold.

"This wasn't a good idea, Hanuel!" The boy to his left shouted, his breathing obviously ragged as well.

He ignored him and continued running, knowing that he had the treasure, and he'd get in trouble.

"Go then!" Hanuel turned left sharply, leaving the cowarding boy running in the wrong direction, but Hanuel couldn't care less.

He stumbled behind a small sized house, yanking off his boots and tossing them into a near by bush. He proceeds to take off once again, heading towards the railroads.

His plan was simple. Once the King's gold was in his hands, run to catch a train. He would carry his riches into a new town, starting over his life. But this times, everything would go right.

The train whistle made Han's adrenaline rush though his veins, more than there already was. His dark eyes spotted the train, beginning to tick off on its journey. He sprinted, jumping onto the edge, and messing with the door. After pounding on it a few times, it flew open. He rushed in, taking the nearest empty seat.

"One ticket please." A voice above him made his head snap up, meeting the eyes of one of the conductors.

"I- uh." The boy fiddled with the bag hidden behind his back, pulling a handful of the chilled gold.

"I-is this enough?" He tugged his dark hat over his eyes.

The man rose his brows, well aware that it was well over "enough".

"Yes, that should do." He smirked, taking the coins.

He continued onto the other passengers, collecting the over priced train tickets.

Hanuel tried to stay awake, but it was  1 am., and his eyes felt heavy. Soon he was asleep on the window, snores softly emitting from his mouth.

-

"Yes, this is him." A voice scowled that made Hanuel stir awake.

A hand jerked him to his feet, making him let out a small yelp. The two guards tied the younger boy's wrists behind his back.

The ticket man was seen fiddling with the bag that was no longer strewn together.

"Snitch!" Han screamed.

If it weren't for the fact that his wrists were bound and that he was being dragging out of the train, that had stopped just for this purpose, he would have pummeled the guy. Instead he was thrown on the ground by the guards, who kicked him.

"Get up! We don't have time for this, the King is waiting, faggot!" They pulled him up, dragging him by his wrists.

--

Hanuel was thrown onto the polished rock floor, at the feet of the king.

"Here he is m'lord." Both guards bowed at either side of Han.

The King was obviously displeased, almost angry enough to do the job himself. Instead he fluffed his jacket and called out for the remaining servant of his.

"HOSEOK!"

A boy came scurrying in with the bag of heavy gold, his gaunt arms shaking under the weight, and fear of the king.

"S-sorry Your Majesty." He bowed, holding the coins over his head. JJ

A nearby guard hastily grabbed the bag, and looked to the King for approval.

"Proceed." The King said with a stoical look painted over his greedy face.

The guard nodded, turning towards the boy who still sat on his knees. Raising the bag above his head, Han's eyes filled with fear. The bag came crashing over his head.

With a cry of pain, Hanuel's chin came in contact with the floor. Without pausing, the guard continued to beat his body until everything was numb and the room was full of black spots. He laid on the floor, searching for help, pleading for help.

"Please... please. S-stop.." His croaks became choked in his throat as he met the servants eyes.

The fear and pity was clear as he cowarded in shame, stepping out of the shining room. 

Finally he was rolled over onto his back. One final blow was aimed at his stomach, making him let out a scream of anguish.

"Thieves will always get what the deserve in the end. No matter the circumstances, this will never go past me again. Next time, you'll be beat to death." The King spat.

"Take him." The stood from his thrown, walking towards the servant.

On command, the guard dragged him to the the dungeons, scraping his bare back on the jagged rocks once they entered the cellars.

Broken sobs left Hanuel's mouth, to the point that he was hiccuping and gasped for air. He was kicked into the cold, bland cell, his head hitting the rocks as he fell back. Before he could let out his cry of pain, his vision went dark

-------

Violent and confusing, sorry.