Arroyo

My failure to get to sleep was interrupted by a faint tapping on my door, before it squeaked open. The noise was hardly audible over the sound of rain crashing down on the roof above me.
"Hey, Renzo, you awake?" Arrow whispered loudly.

"Hmm mhh." I replied. I heard the door close, and footsteps approach me.
"What the fuck's the time?" I whispered at him.

"Er.. around one I'm guessing?" He replied.

"Why aren't you asleep?" I asked him, as he sat down on my bed.

"The weather, what about you?" He replied.

"What about the weather?" I ignored his question, hearing the rain lash at the windows, the wind shaking the shutters in a bid to get in.

"Well, I'm meant to be out in it, ravaging the land and all that." Arrow whispered. I snorted slightly. "What?" He asked.

"Dunno." I shrugged in the darkness. "You just seem too nice for that."

"Trust me, I can be a right animal." He said, and we both started laughing. "Shh you'll wake the others." He hissed, silencing me by kissing me. "So why can't you sleep?" He asked.

"Thinking." I shrugged.

"About me?" He smiled.

"Like you'd be so lucky." I smirked, once again avoiding answering his question. "Now go to bed and sleep okay? It's just some rain."

He smiled, almost sadly, and stood up. "Night Renzo."

"Night Arrow." I replied. "Sleep well."

"You too." He nodded, before leaving. I turned over, looking at the wall and sighing. I wasn't going to get any decent sleep, and I knew it. Thinking about Luca did that to me. I couldn't stop thinking, and over thinking.

I woke up to the unusual sight of sunlight streaming through my skylights. I knew it wouldn't last long, so I jumped out of bed, pulling on a jumper as I ran downstairs, and knocked on Arrow's bedroom door. "Come on, let's get going." I said.

"Someone's keen." He smiled, opening his door wider when he saw who it was. He was only wearing shorts, and a wide smile.
"You're blushing again." He noted.

"Am not." I said.

"Getting hot and bothered about my bare chest?" Arrow smirked. "You should see me naked." He winked.

"Technically, I have." I smirked, as he wandered around his room, finding his clothes. He hadn't shut the door, and I lent against the door frame, watching him subconsciously, until he was stood in front of me, fully dressed. "Now, get down to the barn."

He paused in the kitchen, taking up Teo's offer of toast. "Have a great day!" He told her, roughing up her blonde hair like an older brother. She tried to scowl, but was smiling too much.
Arrow followed me into the tack room. "So, what's on the menu for today?"

"Swapping the cavesson for a saddle, and hopefully riding by this afternoon, if you're ok with everything."

"I'd throw you if I wasn't." He smiled.

"Encouraging." I replied. "Now go get changed."

He laughed. "Someone's keen to get me out of my clothes." He smirked, messing with my hair the same as he had with Teo.

I, however, managed to scowl properly. "Get out of here, Equus." I growled.

Arrow smiled. "Hmm, keep bossing me around." He smirked suggestively, running a hand up my jumpered back when I turned round to reach the side reins.