Chapter 15: The ex-boyfriend

Right after the phone call, Chae Ri rushed to the hotel room and started packing up her things. “Why Chae Ri? What did Mari say?” I asked worriedly. “Key, I’m sorry. I have to go back to Seoul now.” She said “I’m coming with you. I won’t enjoy things here alone.” I told her. I should come with her no matter what situation it is. 

 Since we told the Representative that there’s an urgent situation we need to fix in Seoul now – although I have no idea what the hell is it—he booked the earliest ticket we could get for that day.

 The whole plane trip from Jeju to Seoul was so dead silent. Chae Ri and I didn’t mention anything to each other. She didn’t even explain what happened. She was in the middle of her deep thoughts. Is she confused? Did she realize that she really don’t like me and she still likes Taemin? What could she be thinking right now? I’m so curious.

 “Key, I’m sorry.” These are the words that came out from Chae Ri. Why is she sorry? I’m so confused right now. I can’t bring myself to ask her why. I comforted her without knowing what she’s sorry about. Whatever she did, I forgive her. I cannot bring myself to hate this girl.

 We just got out of the plane and took our baggage. On our way out, I held Chae Ri’s hand and told her everything will be fine as I kiss her forehead. She still looked depressed and I didn’t know what to do. I asked her to seat first and let me get some coffee from Caribou. I went running to the coffee shop; afraid Chae Ri getting more depress as I leave her alone. I got her a cappuccino just like the last time.

 On my way back, Chae Ri was still on the place I left her. But she was standing, staring blankly at someone; it’s a really pretty guy. I was about to approach Chae Ri when the guy started to run onto her. “Chae Ri-ya. I missed you.” That guy said. I was about to go and stop this scene but something on my tracks stopped me. It was Chae Ri’s words “Taemin-ah.”

 I watched this situation before my crying eyes. I cannot stop my tears. “Chae Ri-ya, why did you run away to Korea? Do you know how hard it is from me?” Taemin said. “Let us.. date again. Please?”

 It feels like Chae Ri was so near yet so far. I do not know what to do. Chae Ri looks like she’s hesitating. Are her feelings wavering? She looked around at the airport and looks like she’s looking for me. I wiped my tears and waved onto her “Chae Ri, I’m here!” I told her with a smile. I didn’t show any sign of sadness. I don’t want to worry her nor let her know I saw her and Taemin.

 “Who is he? Is he your friend?” I told her as if I really don’t know anything. “Hi, I’m Taemin. Chae Ri’s best friend.” Taemin casually introduced himself to me. I guess this is my time to introduce myself to him as her boyfriend. “I’m Key. Chae Ri’s ---“ I got blocked by Chae Ri as she said “He’s my friend. I just met him here on my stay in Seoul.” Chae Ri told Taemin. 

(A/N: Looks like the story will be longer than expected. But I'm really really sorry if each chapters are so short. I wanted to update as soon as possible and to keep suspense every chapter. Like you know, I don't want exciting moments to overlap in one chapter. Anyway, for reading so far, thank you!)