After the Snowball

10:30 pm
The gym was starting to empty out, young couples said their goodbyes as they left a monumental night. The sky was dark, and the air was chill. There was a feeling of calm that seemed to cover all of Hawkins like a velvety blanket. The gang is now seen standing just outside the school.
Before the dance, the guys agreed to all stay at Mikes house when it ended. Max was working up a way to convince Mike to let her come too, and Dustin had went back inside to find Mike and El.

-Dustin's POV-
Those lovebirds, they went so long without each other they're probably locked in the janitors closet or something.
-stands and scans the gym once again, I chuckle to myself when I spot them cuddled up to one another on the bleachers-
-I walk up to them laughing-
"Mike!" I whisper-yell, gently tugging on his arm.
"MIKE!"
Mike jumps awake and furrows his brows at me, "what?"
"Come on, the snowballs over, it's time to go" I say to him. Mike blinks himself awake.
"Ugh, just get your girlfriend and get up man let's go" I say.
Mike looks around, then proceeds to get up before we remembers that El was leaning against him. "Girlfriend..." He mutters to himself. He stops moving as El squirms.
"Mikey..." she mutters, Mike's face flushes a shade of pink.
"Awe Mikey's all flustered" I say grinning to him, he gives me a look. I shut up.
"El come on, it's time to go" He says to the girl.
At this point her eyes are open, but she seems barely awake. "I'm tired Mike...carry me..."

-Mikes POV-
Oh shit she wants me to carry her... I can feel my face go red as Dustin laughs at me, once again I shoot him a look and he smiles still back at me. "Let's GO" he says, walking away this time. I look down at the sleepy girl who looks up at me with tired eyes. I put one arm under her legs and another around her back and lift her off the bleachers. Dustin looks back at us as we all walk towards the door.
"Y'all are cute, ya know that?" He chuckles.
I couldn't help myself but to smile, I'm so glad she's back, and I'm so glad she's part of our group. Dustin holds the door open for me and I feel Eleven shudder in my arms as the cold winter air hits her skin. I hold her body just a little closer to mine and she shows an adorably innocent smile.

11:15
-Third Person POV-
Upon getting back to Mikes house, the gang went downstairs. Lucas, Dustin, Max, Will, and Mike were at the table playing truth or dare and eating snacks. Eleven was upstairs asleep on Mikes bed. Mike stands up, "I'll be right back guys, I'm just gonna go check on El".
The group simultaneously lets out a soft "Awe" and Mike rolls his eyes, "I'll be right back guys shut up"
Mike stands up and walks upstairs, his parents were asleep and had told him to just stay quiet. He arrives in front of his door, but stops when he hears a soft noise coming from inside the room. "Every breath you take...Every move you make..." it was El, and she was singing.
Mike knocked on the door slowly, he heard a small gasp from inside and some shuffling, El hesitantly opened the door, she saw Mike standing there, she smiled.
"Mike!" She said and grabbed his hand, pulling him inside the room. Mike shut the door behind him.
"I thought you were asleep?" He asked.
"I woke up....I'm glad you checked on me"
He sat on the bed and stared down at his hands. "I heard you singing... you're good"
She blushed, "Snowball" she said simply.
"Yeah.." Mike laughed, "It was the song we danced to at the Snowball".
They both giggled, almost sounding embarrassed. Mike fell backwards on the bed, Eleven did the same. So they were laying next to each other sideways on his bed. Eleven rolled over on her side to face Mike.
"Thank you" she said to him, "for tonight".
He turned his head to face the girl he loved so dearly.
"No El, thank you"

—————————————————-
There will be a part 2. I promise. I just wanted to publish something and decided to just end it there for now.
I kinda like this.