I Want to Protect You

This was an idea I saw from another writer on her, so NOT MY ORIGINAL IDEA CREDITS TO THEM AH DON'T ATTACK ME. This is a one shot btw. The song just sets the mood of the story, it's not actually part of the story.
—————-
Song: I Want to Protect You - EELs
"Not much of a man, but still I am a man, and you bring out something inside of me. A perfect little diamond, a fragile little fire. You're all the good in the world to me. . ."
Mike and Eleven had been fighting on and off all week. Eleven had been hanging with the new kid Cole Reese, a class A player, more than Mike could handle. Mike had a feeling that this guy had bad intentions, and he wasn't gonna take it. He hadn't talked to El since he saw her hanging out with Cole at the arcade two days ago. Mike was a mess, and hardly even left his room anymore. He was now laying on his bed holding a small bear he had gotten from El last year as a gift, when someone knocked at his door.
"Who is it" he said plainly, shoving the bear underneath his pillow.
"It's Dustin, open NOW," a voice answered.
"And Lucas, Will and Max are here too," said another voice. Mike got up slowly and walked to the door, when he opened it he could already something was horribly wrong.
"Its Cole, he and El were at the arcade again today but El got in his car and went home with him. We all know Cole will take advantage of her Mike we have to go NOW!" Dustin demanded. As mad as Mike was, he knew Dustin was right, and they needed to hurry.
Without a word, Mike nodded and they all ran out the door and hopped on their bikes. It was about a five minute ride before they arrived
in-front of the house of Cole Reese. The old tan car of his was already in the driveway, they all dropped their bikes and ran for the house. Mike pounded on the door.
"Open up!!!" He shouted. Cole answered.
"Oh, hey Mikey," he says with a smirk. "You need somethin'?," he asked.
"Where's Eleven," Dustin insisted from behind Mike. Cole Shot a look at Dustin, then back to Mike.
"Oh that your girl Mike? Couldn't even tell, she hasn't said a word about you, in fact she almost seems like she'd rather be with me tha-"
Cole was cut off by Mikes fist hitting his face. He was now bleeding from the nose, "oh bad move Wheeler" He said, lunging for Mike. They both fell to the ground in a fit of absolute fury. Lucas tried pulling them apart, Dustin and Will were both standing in shock. And before Max could do anything, Eleven ran out the door. She looked at the group in terror, and Mike and Cole still letting fists fly in the yard.
"Stop!!" She yelled, with no response. Lucas looked to and immediately stepped back, he already knew what was coming. The group learned the hard way that it was best not to interfere with an upset Eleven.
"STOP!!!" She screamed, using her powers to throw Cole halfway across the yard. He didn't get up out of pure fear of what else she could do to him. Mike stood up and wiped the blood from his face, she glanced to Eleven but quickly looked away and began walking towards a very helpless Cole. Cole stood up and put his hands in front of his in defense, "Man I swear I didn't even wanna have sex with her I swear she's not even my type Mike I-"
Mike grabbed a fistful if his shirt and pulled him towards himself, "stay away from my girlfriend Reese," he said sternly.
"S-sure thing W-Wheeler I uh..." he stopped as Mike walked away. Mike looked towards the rest of group, and with that they all picked up their bikes again and got ready to leave. Eleven walked helplessly towards Mike, he looked at her and simply said, "get on, let's go".
Eleven got onto the back of Mikes bike and they rode back home. "I'll contact you guys later!" Mike yelled to the rest of the group as they all rode off into deprecate directions now.
Mike pulled up to his house and dropped his bike in the garage, "let's talk" he said to El gently and pulled her inside. They walked up to his room and Mike shut the door behind him. She said on his bed, he stood by the door. Mike instantly began to cry as he sunk to the ground, "I'm so sorry El..." he whimpered through tears. "I shouldn't have gotten so upset with you, you didn't know better but I only wanted to protect you El I'm sorry," he cried. Eleven quickly got up and sat in front of Mike, she grabbed his hands from his face and held them close to hers. "I should've listened... Cole only wanted to use me for sex and take advantage of me Mike I didn't listen."
They both stopped and looked into each other's eyes, then proceeded to laugh lightly. El fell forwards into Mikes chest and he held her tight. "I just want you to be safe" Mike whispered to her, "I want to protect you baby." Eleven looked up from Mikes chest, grabbed his face and kissed him lightly. Mike smiled and so did El. "And you did protect me Mikey", Eleven responded softly.

"I want to protect you, I want you to be safe and sound at night in this world. Such a delicate girl needs someone to look out for the wolves, I want to protect you . . ."
———————————————————
Was this good? I hope it was good. Starting off 2019 right!! 😂😂😂