chap. two

sooyoung woke up to an empty bed, again. her throat burned as she tried to fight off the inevitable tears. crying was useless; it wouldn't help jiwoo forgive her, so sooyoung didn't understand why she felt sorry for herself.

the fight in the store wasn't the first one they'd had. the first fight that sooyoung and jiwoo had was filled with angry words followed by a long session of sincere "sorry's." they had to pile back on some trust after that, but no argument had ever come close to the most current one. sooyoung remembers vividly.

after a movie date, jiwoo and sooyoung headed to a random store. that would have been the end of it. nothing would have happened that day if they had just avoided sooyoung's newest modeling shoot.

the bright smile that jiwoo had been wearing faded. it took sooyoung an entire fifteen minutes before she noticed something was wrong. in the younger girl's mind, that was strike one.

"what's wrong?"  sooyoung had asked. she expected the answer to be about the movie, how she wished they could've seen another or something like that. when jiwoo said, "nothing much. i was just thinking about how you're always busy," it shook sooyoung.

"always busy? it's not like i don't spend time with you," sooyoung laughed and continued shuffling through clothes. jiwoo fumed at her answer. how could someone so old be so dense?

hot and small tears started to form in bright eyes and finally, jiwoo broke. "you know what, sooyoung? you have no time for me anymore. it's like modeling is more important than me."

sooyoung wasn't laughing anymore. she wasn't saying anything.

"is it more important than me? answer me, sooyoung, is it?" jiwoo scoffed at her girlfriend's silence. "you know what, you can stay here. i'm gonna ask jungeun to get me. see you later." and then she left.

sooyoung stood there for five more minutes until a manager told her to buy something or she'd get kicked out for loitering. then she left too, going home and fighting her own tears.

sooyoung knew she should've called jiwoo and apologized, but she didn't have enough willpower. she was a coward, a blind coward.

jiwoo was a little sad when sooyoung didn't follow her. she probably wouldn't even be able to with how fast jiwoo was walking. jiwoo didn't know where she was going or where she was, all she was focusing on was texting jungeun back and forth. until she smacked into someone's back, that is.

the smack was so intense that jiwoo dropped her phone, dizzy. "are you okay? i'm so sorry," the girl tried to apologize and stabilized jiwoo's shoulders in an attempt to get her to stand still.

"yes, i am, thank you. so sorry for bumping into you...yerim?!"

Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter! I love hearing all of you guy's opinions so make sure to comment!