chap. six

forest trail park. jiwoo remembered this place clearly; it was where she and sooyoung had their first date. right near the artificial pond, they set up a little picnic and truly fell in love.

the quirky sign reading the park's name had made her feel sick to her stomach now. it was bringing up old memories, once sweet and now spoiled. jiwoo sighed, bringing up her arm to wipe her eyes and almost wincing at the bright red color.

she had to borrow jungeun's clothes due to the embarrassment she'd feel going back to her own apartment. you know, where she lived. so she was in a red, long sleeved shirt and black skinny jeans. she wore her own shoes. so at least some part of her was comfortable.

letting her hand fall, jiwoo sighed and looked around with a pout. she felt out of place for some reason and just wanted sooyoung to hurry up-

"how long have you been waiting?"

jiwoo turned slowly, gulping as she saw the taller woman who was standing behind her.

shyly, she shook her head. "not long. you?"

"not at all," sooyoung replied as she stuck her hands in her pants pockets. the model was dressed fashionably, as always, in a crisp and clean top with beige dress pants. her coat was a simple brown and her white sneakers were casual, yet a piece that brought the entire look together.

on anyone else, this outfit would probably seem ridiculous. but on sooyoung? it was high fashion. she could make anything look good. at that was one of things jiwoo loved about her.

and missed.

"i just got here. i almost didn't recognize you, though? kimberly's choice of clothes, today?" sooyoung joked as if their last encounters with each other weren't total train-wrecks.

jiwoo nodded, smiling at the use of jungeun's nickname. "i can't really dress like me. since everything is over with you..." she had trailed off, realizing she must've made the conversation awkward by now.

instead of silence though, she heard a voice.

"actually. that's what i want to talk to you about. can you walk with me?"

"of course," jiwoo answered. it was automatic and she didn't meant to answer that quickly. but maybe that was the side of her that missed sooyoung so, so much speaking.

just maybe.

as they passed the playground, they said nothing. the two knew that neither would have the courage to talk loud enough to be heard over the screaming kids. once they got to the flower garden, however, sooyoung spoke up.

"i'm sorry," she murmured. "for everything. i'm sorry for neglecting you. i'm sorry for reaching out to you so late. and i wish i could go back to that day and stopped you from ever leaving without me."

jiwoo grimaced. the mention of *that* day slipped an even nastier feeling into her stomach than the one before. "i know."

"do you forgive me?" sooyoung asked after a few beats.

jiwoo waited. for what? probably her own mind to make itself up. and then, she answered.

"not yet. but we're getting there."

two years later

you had paced every inch of your apartment about 20 times over, making sure everything was perfect.

her favorite song playing on repeat in the background, her favorite youtube videos ready to be broadcasted onto your guys' tv. her favorite dish on the table and drink in the fridge.

her soon-to-be ring in your pocket.

your left hand never left that lone pocket, forever checking if the ring was still there, looking at it once in a while to see if it's really what would fit her best.

in the end, you were a nervous wreck. and you might've just passed out once the door handle started to move.

you rushed to your position in front of the door, giving a look to kahei and yerim who were behind the couch with their cameras and phones ready.

this was it.

creak.

she stepped in, her mouth open as if she were to call something out into the air, but froze once she saw you standing.

"y/n? what's all this?" she gasped. "did i miss an important date?"

you chuckled lightly. "no, you didn't. but i hope this date will become special to us soon."

she looked at you in confusion, closing the door and slipping off her shoes but not bothering to touch her bag or coat. "alright. spill, troublemaker."

you grinned and breathed in, ready to say all of the lines you rehearsed. "ever since that fateful day i met you, you have become my best friend and my one true love."

it was true: you couldn't imagine yourself with anyone but her.

her atmosphere switched almost completely, as if she got a hold of the situation already. still, her eyes stayed locked on you.

"i am so happy when i'm with you. i wouldn't trade you for anyone in the world. i want to spend the rest of my life with you. so that's why," you bent on one knee, whole body shaking as you reached into that special left pocket and pulled out the little case that held the ring.

"im nayeon, will you make me the happiest woman alive and marry me, my little bun?"

"oh, y/n. of course i will!"

the end.