chap. five

"get out! get out of my house!" sooyoung yelled, voice filled with so much fury, she felt she was about to burst. she shook with rage, feeling violated on a number of levels. as you left her house, she stood and rushed to lock the door. sooyoung's hand flew to her mouth and she rubbed at it viciously until her lips hurt.

her faced burned and she felt ready to cry.

sooyoung didn't know you felt that way. but she was in love with jiwoo. jiwoo was her life. did you really expect her to give her up just like that?

she shook her head, answering her own question. sooyoung turned around, sliding down her front door. she reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. the app already open was her contacts. front and center, for everyone to see, was "jiwooming" surrounded by a couple of hearts. her thumb hovered over the message icon, before sliding over to the call button. with not one sense of hesitation, sooyoung pressed down.

you hurried out of the complex, tears streaming down your face. the doorkeeper eyed you strangely once again before shrugging, deciding it's not his business.

"i don't get paid to console people," he murmurs, typing away at his desktop.

you started a light jog, before kicking it up into a run. you were doing anything you could to get away from this situation. but how could you run from yourself?

for two blocks more, you basically sprinted until you couldn't anymore. as you skidded to a halt, the force made your balance unstable and you fell forward. you shut your eyes and prepared yourself for hard asphalt, but instead, you were met by a pair of thin arms.

opening one eye, you gazed at your savior. god, how cliche was this? the woman who caught you seemed to be just your height, with brown hair and eyes. she pushed you up, shaking her arms as if they were in pain.

"oh! i'm sorry for getting in your way!" you apologized, bowing once you stood straight. the mystery girl waved her hand and shook her head. "it's nothing. just helping a fellow woman in need! i'd appreciate it if someone did it for me." she smiled, a set of white bunny-like teeth showing. "i'm nayeon. and you?"

you grinned, hand shooting up to your face to make sure tears weren't still running down your face. "uhm, i'm y/n. nice to meet you?"

nayeon beamed once more and laughed a bit. "i would hope so! now, can you tell me what in the world you were running from?"

you would rather not. but yerim's probably asleep and will yell at you for doing what you did. this girl, however, was willing to listen to you. it wouldn't hurt to spill your heart out, right?

"as long as you tell me what you were doing out so late at night," you said, starting to fiddle with your hands in preparation for telling the messy story.

nayeon stuck out her hand. "deal!"

you shook it.

"woo...jiwoo, wake up. your phone is ringing," jungeun shook the nonconscious girl on her sofa. they'd fallen asleep after watching disney movies and now, jiwoo's phone was ringing. and the caller looked important. "jiwoo! get up!" jungeun starts to exclaim, a bit quiet as to not alarm her sleeping neighbors.

"jeez, do i really have to resort to this?" taking in a deep breath, jungeun screamed. "KIM JIWOO! GET UP!"

the sleeping girl jumped awake. "huh? what is it?"

jungeun rolls her eyes, holding out the phone in front of her. "it's for you, woo."