I.Daemonium

The grim, crimson twilight shined through the ebony window frame. Nights like these are evidence of Hell’s beauty. There were stars in the sky unlike any others; they were black, gleaming orbs of mystery. Humans always speak negatively of this dark paradise. They either say it’s the dwelling of sins and the manifestation of misery but they are oh so naive. Humans are nothing but sheeplings that follow their herder. They do not consider that the other directions may hold greater opportunities but alas, they do not have such a strong will under a herder’s control. Some humans escaped the herder’s control and pursued their desired path. These humans are what we demons call fetus inplumes necant, or fledglings. Of course, the fledglings are still weak-willed like all humans. We accept them with open arms, utilizing our deceitful and alluring tactics. Our influence grows and spreads like a plague in warm weather as more fledglings escape the herder’s authority. This isn’t done without reason; we serve and owe our loyalty to Lucifer. His philosophy, similar to his counterpart God, is reasonable and appealing. How come humans receive more attention and care from God? They do not have any power. This is blatant disrespect to us demons, who wield power and can exercise it freely.

The golden door knob jiggled a bit, catching my attention. My glowing, (e/c) orbs darted toward the door, awaiting the mystery to unveil itself. I felt a cold, ominous wind enter through the window, causing my black, pointed tail to shiver. Curious, yellow irises peeked through the small crack between the door and the wall. Sighing, I relaxed my shoulders and stared into the sinner’s eyes.

“Ah, you’ve returned?”

A sinister smirk graced his lips as he replied, “Correct, servus (slave). Have you done the tasks that I had requested of you earlier?”

Nodding, I answered, “Of course. After all, it is my duty to serve and please you.”

“I sense that your powers are growing, yes? Be prepared for the unknown.”

His words caused my senses to become alert. My (f/c) eyes watched him like a hawk as I positioned myself into a defensive stance. Raising his hand, his yellow orbs watched my figure carefully. My black, curled horns twitched from anticipation, as well as my tail. My senses predicted that his hand was readied to strike the middle of my torso. Before he could execute the action, my clawed hands shot up and gripped his raised arm. Holding onto the arm tightly, I took the chance to strike him with my open hand. My left hand balled into a fist and plunged into his chest, causing him to lose balance. Falling backward, his head hit the rustic cherrywood floorboard. His black and white veil sprawled out on the floor and his eyes shot toward my figure. A wide, toothy grin formed on his face, exposing his sharp, pearly white teeth.

“Your reflexes are improving, I see. This training is paying off.”

“Thank you, dominus (master).”

“Te complacui mihi servus. Te excusaris. (You have pleased me, slave. You are excused.)”

Bowing, I exited the room and walked up the stairs. The railing had been polished recently by the maid. She was regarded as one of the most beautiful, yet most vile demoness in Hell. A slight glance at her glimmering, lavender eyes are enough to simply paralyze anybody, including demons but she utilized this technique on human victims. Yuki-onna; she is a force to be reckoned with. Any people who stood in her way would be decimated, except Valak and I. Her character, described by many demons, is cold and unforgiving. She had a different side to her that only Valak and I have witnessed. Small footsteps echoed in the hallway, prompting me to investigate. At the end of the hallway stood the maid, who was dusting the ceramics and decorations. Her ears perked up a bit and she turned around. Her long, black locks dangled down her back and her gaze met with mine.

“Hello, (Y/n). How is your day today?”

“Nothing really special about today, just more training.”

“Ah, training. Reminds me of Damian, always training alongside Valak. I miss his presence. When he was in my sights, naughty, risqué clouded my mind and made my job difficult.”

“Who is Damian?”

“Your so-,” she immediately cut herself off and her lavender eyes widened in fear.

“My what?”

“Nevermind, I was blathering about nonsense again… probably didn’t get enough sleep last night.”

“I understand. If you want to talk whenever you’re free, just let me know. I will be in my room.”

Keeping her head down, she nodded and continued to dust. Although I was suspicious about what she had said, I shrugged it off as a meaningless mistake. Yuki-onna does work a lot so it is reasonable for her to babble about rubbish. Walking to my room, I noticed that it was already open. Ah, she must have finished cleaning. Pleasant aromas greeted my nose as I walked onto the lush, black carpet. (F/c) drapes embroidered with black lace were freely swaying as the cold breeze kicked into my room. The golden chandelier that was dangling from the ceiling shined brightly, illuminating the furniture in the room. I shut the door behind me and approached my bed then laid on the soft, (f/c) blankets. The antique, iron bed frame squeaked a bit from the sudden weight. It didn’t bother me much since I’ve gotten used to the nights when Valak would creep in, seeking to fulfill his sinful desires that would cause the bed to almost cry from repetitive movement. The doors of my black armoire popped open from the strength of the breeze. I ignored it and rested my head on my pillow. Closing my eyes, I smiled inwardly. My life here is completely and entirely perfect. There is nothing that can change my opinion of Hell.