Allison Krauss

"Well, today is Wednesday, that's when Mr.Spears collects souls." I said to myself. I walked into my white office and sat in my chair. I felt like I had forgotten something.

            "Oh right, I have to stamp the file on the souls we collected last night confirmed." I said to myself.

             I pulled open my drawer to get it but I pulled the wrong drawer.

             "Must be in the left one then..." I thought to myself.

             I checked the left drawer but the file wasn't there either.

             "Oh no..." 

              Mr. Spears trusted me and I didn't want to change his mind by making an elementary mistake.

              "Where did I put that file?" I said worriedly to myself. I began to panic and shuffle through the papers on my desk.

             "Looking for something?" I heard a familiar voice say.

             I stood and adjusted my skirt.

            "Oh Mr. Sutcliff, what a surprise." I said surprised.

             The flame-red reaper was leaning on the wall behind me waving a piece of paper around.

             "Oh darling it's just too much for me to handle this is! You really have no idea." Mr. Sutcliff said waving the paper around.

              "Um... what is sir?" I asked.

              "Well this!" he said running to me and handing me the paper.

                I cautiously opened the paper and read the contents.

              " Left it on my desk. See me in the lunchroom if you want them back."

                                                                                 ~Knox 

             "So are you going to play his little game? Or are you angry he didn't just give them to you?" Mr. Sutcliff said leaning over me scanning the note.

               I adjusted my spectacles. "I always eat lunch with Eric and Alan..."

                 Mr. Sutcliff tipped his head at me. 

                 "Well then, if you're going to go out of you precious daily routine I would almost think that's enough to call it a date hmmm?" he said .

                 " It's not. I don't find Ronald very attractive." I said folding the paper and placing it in my jacket pocket.

                  "Well I do! That young, pale face! His orange/black hair..."

                      "That cute little strand that sticks up..." I whispered.