Eric Slingby

"So you worked overtime last night?" I asked Alan. We were walking together on our way towards General Affairs.

         Alan sighed. "I am a professional. I am a reaper. My work is never done." he said calmly.

          I just ran my hand down the side of my head, feeling my brunette cornrows and smiled.

          "I guess so."

          We walked into General affairs and split up. I went to window 5 and Alan left to window 13.

           "Can I help you?" asked a small woman with short, black hair. 

            I took my folder and put it through the window. "Yeah this is more confirmation papers  from last nights run.

            She took the papers and put them under the counter.

             "Yes, and your name?"

             "Eric Slingby."

              She tapped on her computer and adjusted her spectacles. "Oh yes, you used to be an instructor." 

              I sighed. "Yeah, that was me."

              She didn't show any expression. "Yes thank you, you may be on your way."

              I nodded to her and left.

              Alan was finished as well. He straightened his bolo and brushed his fingers through his hair. "Let's go we have a meeting."

               Alan and I made it on time to the meeting and sat at down together at the long white table in the meeting room.

                There were other reapers there as well. I leaned over on my fist bored. Soon enough in walked Mr.Spears.