CHAPTER 1

Quite a large group was gathered around the front desk. more or less I could foresee a meeting or a huge official discussion coming up.

I make my way towards the desk where today's crushed newspaper is being snatched by one another's hands. Everyday's story.But something was different today. 'Jynxe Publishing House", "Alright, just another scandal, wait...what? Is it our company?" I say as I take a peek in the paper.

"Can someone just explain, what the hell has happened?" I shout as if talking to wind spirits.

"Karane, chief editor, dead." I hear a voice behind my back answers.

I turn back to see, my best friend, Ruby sitting on the couch talking to her phone.

"Dead?"I ask, shocked.

"Nobody knows the reason. The police is trying to find out.....still." She says, after a long pause.

"I won't suspect, but... was it a.. you know....murder?" I ask expecting a shout from her.

"No Idiot, honestly, can you only see a murder in every death? Can't someone die in a natural way?" She shouts.

"Uh..Okay. I was just thinking if..."I try to explain.

"Did it happen in his house?" I inquire again.

"Obviously! Or would Detective Ada suspect it was in the office."

Gods! She was sarcastic as hell.

"Detective? Who is a detective here?" A middle aged lady not more than 45 asks, as she turns around as if to find someone.

"Yes, I am a detective here. Detective Ada Aberol. How can I help you?" I ask in the most sober tone that can ever come out of my mouth.

"Amatuer or professional?" She asks.

"Truly speaking..then amatuer, but consider it I have solved more cases that I can count." I say, confidently.

"Can you solve my son's case? I....I....."She stammers.

"You what, ma'am?" I ask curiously.

"I think it's a murder." She says. She was clearly frightened.

"You are Karane's mother? Right." She nods at my question.

"But, the police is investigating the ca-"

"Oh, they are fools, miss detective. Please consider it, I really think its a murder, I don't have some proof in papers, but I can tell you if you take my case." She was clearly pleading.

I didn't know Karane well, but still I was curious. I didn't want to take the case but curiosity overcame my brain.

"I would take the case. madame. I will find the reason, whether it was a murder or natural death." I say as take a last look at today's newspaper.