xxiii.

✼:*゚       

October 26; Wengzhou, China.

they're leaving and he can't do anything about it. also, it was his birthday. 

for the last time, they pretended they were a happy family. his mother and father woke him up in the morning with a cake and smiles in their faces, and it hurt sicheng more because he knows it would be the last time, but he was thankful that at least, before he leaves china, he would have a happy memory of what he'll leave behind with him. 

he would miss his small town where he grew up, learnt how to walk and talk, and he told himself he wouldn't trade anything for his memories and promised that he would go back here without any hard feelings towards his mother. he was hurt and will always be. he grew a spot of hate towards his mother in his heart, but he swore he would learn to forgive his mother someday.

he admits he blames being separated from his crush to his mother. just when things were flowing smoothly, it all sank just because his mother hadn't moved on from his ex-boyfriend whom she cheated with. 

they were gonna leave on 27th and 26th was gonna be his last day in school. 

kun had found out about his sudden departure and when he saw the younger, he fought back his tears for he thought it was dumb and he promised to himself he was gonna see the boy he grew fond of again. 

kun helped the shy boy approach the girl by telling her that sicheng had asked for her, because for the nth time, sicheng was chickening out again. 

as cliche as it seems, sicheng asked for the girl to meet him in the garden, not just for its romantic atmosphere, it was a place people from their school rarely visit.

when she arrived, sicheng couldn't stop his tears from falling and took in everything he could take in just for a short time given to him; her scent, how the corners of her lips would wrinkle when she smiles, how the whites in her eyes would vanish when she smiles, just everything about her, he wished he could tattoo it all in his mind. 

"why are you crying?" she said out of panic and wiped his tears with her thumb. "i told you to smile!" sicheng tried to smile and it made the girl laugh at how funny he looked. she sighed, "i heard you are leaving right? to korea?" and he could only nod.

they stayed like that for a moment, waiting for sicheng to calm down and when he did, he handed him the sunflower, almost dying from the lack of water and sunlight. "i'm sorry it withered, i had been hiding this for quite a while now.

she smiled and took it. "it's still a sunflower."

sicheng bit his lips and contemplated for a bit if he was gonna say it or not, but it's now or never  situation, so he held her hand, "i don't know your name so i don't know how to do this, but i just want you to know that i like you, all along, ever since that day you asked if i have paper and pen." her eyes widened and her lips parted, looking at sicheng with confusion dancing in her eyes.

"i...i'm sorry but i've always looked at you as a friend." sicheng smiled at her honesty and nodded. he let go of her hands and wiped his own tears. she bit her lower lip and held his hand again, "but maybe when you give me another sunflower the next time we meet, maybe when we're 21 or something, i'll make sure i'll like you back!

they shared a smile. and sicheng swore to himself he would wait for her. 

        ✼:*゚         

-not proofread :3 will prolly edit it again when im in the right state of mind

-hehe yes im being lowkey with my hints hehe

-im d YInh what's even new