Confusion for the Bitter Soul

I glared bitterly at the couple across the common room

I glared bitterly at the couple across the common room.  They were cuddled up on the couch in front of the fireplace.  She was sitting on his lap and he was lent over whispering into her ear with his hand caressing her upper thigh.

"Disgusting," I muttered bitterly taking a swig of firewhisky from the muggle flask Remus got me for christmas last year.

"Ugh..." James groaned, "Sirius mate, it's bad enough I have to watch one of my friends throw himself all over my sister, do I really have to listen to you grovel after her too."

"I'm not groveling after her," I said bitterly, "She's my friend and I'm just worried she's making a horrible mistake."

"Okay," James snorted.

"She's like my little sister mate," I argued.

"Oh so you ruin your little sisters first date and try to sleep with her on a couch?" James asked sarcastically.

I groaned, "I wasn't trying to sleep with her mate! Now back on subject! Look at her."

I pointed over to where she was snuggled up with Remus, "She obviously knows she is making a huge mistake but she is pretending like she is okay!"

"She looks pretty happy to me..." Peter said glancing over there.

I waved him off, "that's because your naive and stupid Peter."

"And you're in denial," Peter responded.

James stood up all of a sudden and yelled across the common room for all to hear, "YOU TWO BETTER STEP AWAY FROM THE BOYS STAIRCASE AND SIT YOUR ARSES BACK DOWN!"

I whipped my head around to see Remus and Anne stopped in front of the boys dormitory stairs blushing scarlet as the whole common room was staring at them.

"Those two are the worst Prefects ever," I said taking another swig from the flask.

"He is not shagging my sister, especially in our dormitory," James muttered.

Anne marched over with Remus tailing behind her, "Really James? We were going up to study."

"Is that what people are calling it now?" I asked sarcastically into my drink.

"I'm gonna let that comment go just because you're drunk," she said not even glancing at me.

"So what if I am?" I said sticking out my tongue.

Claws finally looked at me, "because its Thursday, its 10:00 am, and you and I have a Potions exam in 30 minutes that is half our grade."

I groaned again before pocketing the flask and pushing myself off the chair, "Alright, I guess we should start heading down."

Anne nodded in satisfaction as we all stood up to head to the potions classroom.

"Alright class for the exam you will work with you partner to make the Amortentia Potion.  Once finished,I want 6 inches of parchment on the Amortentia properties and what you and your partner smell. Once finished bring a vial of your potion and your parchment to me and properly dispose of the remaining potion.  You may leave afterwards," Slughorn ordered.

"Instructions are on page 231, you may begin," He said sitting down and observing.

I leaned back in my chair as I watch Anne flip through the text book with a look of aggravation.

"If we fail because of your drunken laziness then I will cut off your dick," She said not even looking up at me.

"In the six years we have been Potion Partners has my drunken laziness ever let you down," I said looking over her shoulder at what ingredients we needed.

"Its different now," Anne said standing up and motioning me to follow her to the ingredient cupboard.

"How so?" I asked teasingly making her shoot a glare at me.

"Its different because..." she said grabbing a jar of powdered moonstone and turning around, "I'm actually mad at you this time."

I  grabbed a bag of rose thorns and followed her back to our seats.

"You will forgive me eventually," I said rolling my eyes.

"You ruined my first date with a guy that I actually like Sirius, so no I wont forgive you unless you genuinely earn it," Anne growled out angrily turning away from me but I grab her wrist and turn her around.

"Anne please?"  I asked quietly, "you're my best friend and I don't want that to change."

She stared me in the eyes with a flustered look on her face before giving out an aggravate growl, "Fine just answer one question honestly."

"Anything," I said nodding furiously.

"What do you have against Remus and I being together?" She asked.

I silently stared at her exhausted face, it was becoming obvious to me how much this whole ordeal was taking a toll on her mental state.

"I don't know," I answered honestly, "Remus is a great guy, he's one of my best mates and I want you and him to both be happy.  When I look at you together though, it just seems wrong.  I guess I'm just scared you two will become so wrapped up in each other that you will forget about me."

Anne's face softened and she placed a hand on my cheek, "We would never forget about you Sirius, you are too important to both of us.  Plus you are to loud to forget, trust me I've tried.

I laugh and wrap my arms around her, "I love you Anne."

"I love you too Padfoot," She said hugging me back.