Beginnings

Lance can feel the sun beating down on him as he scopes around for his next mission. He got a call about a phantom that has been torturing students here, but hasn't seen it yet.
  "Nyma, revert," he says as they sit on the roof top. His regalia shifts back into human form, and squats next to him. Then he sees it. A small green and purple blurb floating towards a school window.
  "Rebel," he says, and Nyma reforms into her regalia form, a whip. He snaps her next to him, and the phantom starts to look deformed and pulsing. Then it grows. His stomach drops, but he gets ready on his toes. He jumps into the air and launches Nyma towards the creature. She snaps back to him as they land on the other side of the school.
  "This is the land of the rising sun, your defilement shall not be allowed! I now lay thee waste with the Sekki! Nyma!" he shouts as he snaps Nyma between his hands. Her whip glows and he throws her at the phantom. Her weapon body snaps, and the phantom screeches with resentment, then it disappears. Lance reverts Nyma, and she dusts off her clothes.
  "Lance, I request you release me," she says, and Lance turns to fully face her.
  "What?" he ask. She shifts her yukata, and looks at him.
  "Release me," she repeats.
  "Right now?" he asks as he looks dumbfounded.
  "Yes. I can't stand to work with you any longer!" she says.
  "You should have at least gave me a months notice!" Lance sighs, as he feels his heart drop.
"As you wish," he says, and raises his hand. He moves it in a motion, and breaks the seal that kept the regalia bound to him. He looks at her, and she nods towards Lance before walking off. He sighs and walks towards town. Then his phone rings. He pulls it out of his coat pocket and answers.
"Lance's fast and affordable delivery service! What can I do for you?" he asks. A little boy speaks on the other line, babbling on about a cat. Lance sighs and then perks up.
"Don't worry, kid, I'll find him," he says. The boy thanks him, then hangs up. Lance shoves his phone back into his pocket and heads into town, looking around for a cat. Then he comes across a flier with a cat on it. He stops and stares.
"So that's what he looks like," he mutters.
"Milord! Come here Milord!" he starts to shout. He walks past a group of boys on their way home from school, and catches eye contact with one. Then a small figure catches his eye.
"Milord!" Lance shouts and hops the railing on the side of the road. He runs out into the road, and rushes after the cat.
"Watch out!" a voice says, and before Lance realizes it, he's on the sidewalk, a boy on top of him.
"Hey, wake up," Lance says as be shakes the boy. He sits up, then look at Lance.
"Do you realize you could have gotten yourself killed?!" the school boy shouts. Then Lance looks to the road.
"Like you're one to talk. I think you forgot something," Lance says as he looks at the stopped bus. His mortal body was left lying in front of the bus. Lance knew he couldn't tell until he looked at the road. Then his face lost color.
"You might need to go get that," Lance says as he props himself up on his elbows. The boy then stands up, then something catches both of their eyes. A long purple and red tail sits under the edge of the school boys shirt. He then rushes to his body where his friends and the bus driver are gathered. Lance stands up and watches as his spirit slips back into his body.
"Keith, wake up! Come on, man!" one of the school boys shout.
"Keith, huh," Lance says as the small cat he was chasing approaches him. He grabs him as he leans up. He stands up, and walk in the direction of the owners house.

"He should be fine, honey, don't worry. He's only passed out," the school boys mother says. The father stands next to his son, then walks towards the door, everyone following. Lance hops onto the window sill and sees Keith laying in the hospital bed, his chest rising and falling. Lance takes this chance and steps in, and as he does, Keith starts to wake. He looks over at Lance, half asleep at first, then his eyes widen, and as he looked mortified at the other male. He tried to scramble backwards, only to earn falling out of the bed.
"Hey! Quiet!" Lance says as he rushes over to the boy. He was in a white tee shirt and red and white striped sleep pants. His hair was messy, and his face lacked color.
"Who-who are you?! What do you want?!" Keith starts to say, and is reaching on the table behind him for something, then he grabs a bag and pulls out a knife.
"Hey, buddy, calm yourself," Lance chuckles. Lance sits on the edge of the bed, Keith his looking at him.
"Who are you?" he asks as he sits up properly.
"That's easy," Lance starts, "I'm a god."