Girlfriend

Lance walks along the pond, waiting for Keith to show up. He looks out over the pond as an old couple walks past him and decided to lean against the wooden fence.
  "Lance?" he hears from behind him.
  "How was school?" Lance asks as he turns around, a smile appearing on his lips. Keith walks towards him and leans against the fence.
  "Can you fix me now?" Keith asks and shoves his hands in his coat pockets.
  "I'm not sure," Lance says, then someone walks up to him. Katie holds out a plastic sack towards him.
  "Not sure? How? Why?" Keith asks, his voice raises the slightest bit on every question. He gets a few weird looks from passerby's, and looks away embarrassed.
"I'll take you somewhere, she might be able to help," Lance sighs. Keith nods and looks towards Katie.
"Anyway, how are you, Katie?" Keith asks as he looks at the short girl.
"Sore," she says as she squints at him.
"Wait, why?" Keith asks as he looks up as Lance.
"We've been sleeping on the footsteps of gods because this damned one can't find a real place to live," Katie says rolling her eyes. She crossed her arms and looks at Lance.
"Why are you looking at me?! I'm sorry I'm poor!" Lance says sweating.
"Katie, you can stay with me if you want," Keith says putting on a smile.
"Wait, no! She's my Regalia!" Lance says as he tried to butt in.
"One that you can't properly take care of," Keith says as he looks between the two. Lance rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.
"So, where are we going today?" Keith asks as he keeps his eyes on the god in front of him.
  "A friend of mine. She may know something," Lance says and starts to walk past Keith. Keith rolls his eyes and looks at Katie before following Lance.

Keith follows behind Lance as he walks up to a convenience store.
"Lancey-Lance!" Keith hears a girl yell with foot steps following.
"Romelle!" Lance says as a girl tackles him in a hug.
"Lancey-Lance?" Keith asks as he looks at Katie. She shrugs and Keith turns back to Lance.
"Who's she?" Katie asks.
"My girlfriend," Lance smirks as he look at the Regalia and school boy. Keith raises his eyebrow in response.
"Romelle!" all of them hear and a large man with dark skin walks up behind Lance and Romelle. He lays a hand on each of them, grabbing the back of Lances shirt and pulling him away from Romelle.
"What are you doing here?" he asks and looks at Lance, then scans the other two.
"I was coming to see my girl," Lance smirks, looking as cocky as ever.
"I could see that, and she's not yours, but were you wanting money? Did you get into trouble again?" the man asks as he sets down the god.
"No," Lance sighs.
  "Also, who are these people?" the man asks and looks at Keith.
  "This is Keith, he's in high school, I owe him, and she's Katie, she is my Regalia," Lance says, "You two, this is Romelle, one of the seven gods of fortune, and her regalia, Hunk."
  "Nice to meet you two, but how did both of you really get tied up with him?" Hunk starts, then leans forward, "Did he bribe you? Promise you something?"
  "Only a normal life back, I paid him," Keith says and crosses his arms. Katie says nothing and shrugs.
  "If you want to quit, don't feel bad, because it's common," Hunk says to Katie.
  "Hey, I can hear you!" Lance says.
  "I didn't come here to get roasted. Now, I need help, and no, it's not for money," Lance adds. Hunk turns and looks at him, then an Romelle.
  "Wait, is it with the kid?" Romelle asks and points at Keith.
  "Yeah," Lance says as he runs a hand through his hair.
  "It doesn't look like something good. Want to explain over dinner, bud?" Hunk asks as he ropes his arm around Lance's neck.
  "Yeah."

"So, he got hit by a bus?" Romelle asks and looks at Keith. Keith nods.
  "Yeah, he could somehow see me and tried to push me out of the way," Lance says. Hunk nods as he stands himself up to carry dirty dishes into the kitchen.
  "He also is going in and out of his body," Lance says.
  "What do you mean by that?" Romelle asks.
  "His soul leaves his body, almost like leaving it in a coma," Lance states, "You can't do it on que can you?"
  "I'm not sure, haven't tried, I guess," Keith says, "guess we'll see." Keith closes his eyes and keeps his hands on his legs, attempting to relax. Lance scoots closer to him and is on guard, and almost as on que, Hunk walks in as Keith's soul falls back and his body falls forward. Lance catches him before he hits the table and leans him to the side, trying to lay him down.
  "Guess I can," Keith says as he stands himself up. Lance stands up and tries to pick Keith's body up bridal style.
  "There's a futon upstairs," Hunk says.
  "When did this start?" Romelle asks.
  "When I got hit. I'm guessing when the bus hit me, it knocked this me out," Keith says as he sits back down in his spot.
  "You can go up stairs when you want to go back, I set you on a futon," Lance says as he walks around the corner.
  "Well, I would talk to Shiro about this," Romelle says. "He would know the most on stuff like this." Romelle shifts her skirt as Lance seats himself.
  "I guess we'll go there tomorrow," Lance says and looks at Keith.
"Alright," Keith says. He leans his elbows on the table and sighs.
  "What time is it?" Keith adds and looks around for a clock.
  "It's going on nine," Hunk says as he looks at a watch on his wrist. Keith's eyebrows jump and he leans back.
  "I should probably get going. My parents will start to worry," Keith says as he stands himself up, "Are you coming with me Katie?" Keith makes his way towards the stairs and watches as the small girl gets up to follow him. He go up stairs and switches back then walks downstairs a little light headed. Katie follows him as he gets off the stairs and makes his way outside.
  "Thank you guys for having me," Keith says as he slips on his shoes. Katie does the same and slips a hat on her head.
  "A friend of Lance's is a friend of ours, and you can bring her back here before school tomorrow and we can look after her," Romelle says. Keith nods and gives them a small smile before making sure he has his things and makes his way out of the small house behind the convenience store. Katie follows behind him quietly as they walks towards Keith's neighborhood.

-

(A/N: Sorry it's been a while! I've had stuff going on and popping up kind of out of nowhere. I will try and get the next chapter out ASAP, but I also may go back and rewrite a bit because I'm trying to decide who I want to follow with this story line. [I think it may be Keith again.] Either that, or my writing will just start to be more based on Keith.
But feel free to go follow my Instagram! (ash.west.lynn, currently.) You may get some updates there and figure out what's going on and possibly get doodles of the book!
-T)