1

1895

Anastasia sits up in her cot as she rubs her eyes tiredly. From her small tent, she can hear the chatter of a few people already awake, getting into action for the day.

Quickly dressing in a casual dress, she slings her holster around her hips and loosely braids her long blonde hair down her back.

Anastasia rubs her hands together excitedly as she exits her tent in between her father's and Arthur's gun wagon. She has been buzzing for the past few weeks, ever since Abigail gave birth to her baby boy, Jack.

Anastasia being a seventeen year old girl, instantly fell in love with her friends little baby. Despite her excitement over the child, it still angers her that John is barely taking responsibility for him, even though she knows damn well he is the father. Anastasia has been tearing John apart the past few weeks over it. She just gets so angry sometimes about it because Abigail is an absolute darling, even if she was a prostitute.

Anastasia could never hate John in the scheme of things, though. The man is like a brother to her only being five years older, but that does not mean she isn't going to put him in his place from time to time.

"How are you Abigail?" The blonde smiles at the woman cradling the baby as she approaches Abigail's tent.

Anastasia extends her arms greedily wanting to hold the child for herself. Abigail smiles tiredly handing the sleeping bundle over to the younger girl. A few other gang members walk around the camp groggily getting ready to go out and look for a few ways to make some money.

"I'm well. Just a bit tired.." Abigail chuckles as she tucks a stray piece of brown hair behind her ear.

"I see that," Anastasia looks up to the woman's eyes, dark circles beneath each one, "I'm glad your both okay though"

Anastasia looks down to the baby as Jack slowly opens his eyes. The baby smiles and reaches for a blonde tendril that didn't want to stay in the girls braid.

"Definitely John's" Anastasia absentmindedly mutters as she stares at the baby's face.

"I wish he'd see that.. and maybe even help me a bit" Abigail sighs as she leans back on her bed on the ground.

Anastasia tries her best not to get herself angry over the whole thing again as she looks at the child to distract her mind.

"Hi" she smiles at the baby eliciting a little toothless smile back. "Your just the sweetest ain't you"

She bounces the baby up and down making him giggle and shriek in joy.

"I'd like to have one of you" she sighs as she holds his little hand.

"Absolutely not." The voice of her father causes her to turn around to the man, "I am definitely not ready to be a grandfather any time soon"

She rolls her eyes with a smirk before looking back to the baby.

"Not to worry, Dutch," Hosea walks over, holding a coffee cup as he pats the man on the back, "I'm certain that poor stable boy warned the rest of West Elizabeth to stay away from our princess after you nearly rung his neck"

Dutch smirks with his arms crossed thinking about threatening the boy who had tried to ask out his daughter a week ago.

Anastasia hands baby Jack back to his mom as the young girl groans out, "God, don't remind me.. that was so embarrassing"