First years of his life

Diego always loved to play the guitar, especially because his dad, Jorge José Valentin, played too. They would play for hours together, and so Diego improved a lot really fast. He learned to sing alone in his room while his father was on tours with his band, "Los Valentin", and would surprise him when he got back. He loved those little surprises.

Diego was just a kid and was already famous because of his family. His mom, Carmen Valentin, used to be na actress before she left her career to become a business woman. His grandmother was a model and his grandfather was the author of one of the best sagas in the world. So, everyone expected him to be a prodigy, a star. And he was. 

In his fifth birthday, 27 of may, his father suffered a heart attack. He had a lot of heart problems, so he sometimes had episodes like this. But this one was fatal. Before dying, Jorge told his son that he knew he would make him proud and that he would always be with him no matter what, watching his every move. In his last moments he opened his hand, revealing his gift. A necklace with a silver D and a V. This unfortunate event was everything people talked about for a few weeks, before it fell into oblivion, along with little Diego.

After that tragic day, Diego started to upload videos to youtube, trying to make a name for himself. Eventually, Disney hired him. He started to write the channel's songs and after some time, people started to notice him again. But no one knew his real name, or had a clear picture of what he looked like. They only knew him by DV. It was his best friend's idea, Mateo Rodríguez, to use the letters of his necklace.

Some time after, he decided to go back to his homecoutry, México, leaving Argentina and his best friend behind. He expected to finally have a normal life with his mother, but that's when she started her own company and left him with one of father's friend, Pablo Pérez.

He was only nine years old when Greg Stone, producer of the Stone Records, hired him. Everybody said that he wasn't going anywhere, that he already had had his fifteen minutes of fame with Disney and that was it. In the same year, Diego became one of the most famous, if not the most famous, singer in the world, feeling his songs with sadness and hope. And of course, the fact that he was so young atracted more people. He moved after a few years, once again, to New York, leaving his grief behind to start a new life.

And that's where our story starts.