1. Amor Recipis

You loved school.

Lots of kids thought you were weird, strange ㅡ and all sorts of other names ㅡ but you loved it. You loved the feeling of learning something new, and knowing that no one else, in the whole universe, looked at that piece of information the same way you did.

You loved so many subjects; from Maths, to English, to P.E. Even History!

But your favourite subject, was the one that not many people really understood when they were children. The subject covered all of the lessons in school, and in life. You absolutely loved it when no one else, but you, understood what the teacher was talking about.

Amor Recipis

That was its literal name, but only you called it that. Everyone else gave it slang names. Like 'boring life lessons' and sometimes 'life mathematics.' You understood why they hated it so much. The thought of love at that age was revolting. And then Maths in general was just annoying. The two together was an abomination of all things monstrous.

No one really knew why you loved it so much.

But it was your passion. It would be your first priority on the homework list, and the thing you worked the hardest on. You've been that dedicated to it since the age of 5.

Your Mum thought that maybe there was something wrong with you, but the therapist said that it was completely normal. Yet your Mum still treats you like some mentally mucked-up person.

Amor Recipis is a world wide thing that is in every school's curriculum ㅡ hence why it's worldwide. Basically, it's this theory that every human being has a match, and the two added together make 100%. For example, if you are 43%, and you find someone who is 57%, the two of you are destined for eachother.

Scratch that, it's not a theory. It's been around since dinosaurs walked on this planet.

Apparently, every living thing has it. Some species even have different ways of determining their percentage. Owls have to get their sleep scraped out of their eyes and tested in the laboratory for humans to know their percentage. However, no one really knows how animals themselves discover each others percentage, or if they even know about it.

That's one of the reasons why you love it so much; there are so many unknowns out there, just waiting to be discovered. It makes you get all excited inside. Your poor brain's wires are always working so hard to keep yourself contained, but it usually fails; you erupt with this want and curiosity to know more, causing you to need to know everything about it.

There were so many rules made about it, and discovered. You loved the fact that the higher your percentage, the more dominant in the relationship you were.

You loved to do mini experiments on your parents, pushing their boundaries, and testing who would win. It was usually pretty easy for your dad; his percentage was 73.56%. Whilst your mum was 26.44%.

Both sides had their pros, and their cons. Sometimes your mum wasn't able to make a decision on something, but your dad would come along and say what she should do. Other times your dad had already made a decision, but your mum wanted to do something different, causing your dad to have to be flexible and trusting.

Today, you are going to discover your percentage.

You are both nervous and excited. You're not really sure why you are so nervous, but your heart is beating so fast that it feels like it's about to jump out of your chest. You never really understood why they made everyone get tested. When being taught at school, you were always taught that it is supposed to be natural, that your number shouldn't affect how you live your day-to-day life. So why were they giving advice and tips about what to do, when it's supposed to be natural? Why were they testing everyone? When people get tested, their mind will be set on finding the person that fulfils their hopes and dreams. But you didn't mind. In fact, you are getting in the car right now, and yelling at your mum to hurry up and drive you there.

Oh, now you remember why you were nervous.

The blood test.

They had to examine your blood to determine your percentage.

You hate needles.

Thinking about a long, sharp point piercing through your thin, delicate skin was absolutely terrifying. How did the needle not scrape any bone? What if the needle did scrape some bone?

Ugh! There are so many 'what ifs' in life.

What if- Ughhh! Shut up, Y/n!  You interrupted your thoughts.

Your mum finally got to the hospital where they did the testing. You jumped out of the car, and bounded towards the building.

Maybe your mum is right; what if there is something wrong with you?

SHUT UP YOU STUPID 'WHAT IF' THOUGHTS. You mentally screamed at yourself.

Yep, there is definitely something wrong with you; no 'what if' about it.

You sat down in a chair as you waited for the doctor. You kept trying to think about happy thoughts, but the words 'blood' and 'needles' kept leaking into your mind, flooding your brain until it was about to overflow.

And your friends wondered why you didn't like fashion design. Duh, sewing machines have needles!

Now your brain was imaging a room full of sewing machines, with their needles going up and down, up and down...

"Tessa?" You lifted your head at the name.

"Y-ye-" you cleared your throat, "Yes?"

"Come right this way, Miss." The doctor said, guiding you to a room. You followed along slowly, and hesitantly. All your excitement had been washed down the drain. "Now, I want you to take a seat here, miss, and look straight ahead at this wall." You nodded your head at his words. Your appearance seemed calm, but your mind was the complete opposite.

What? Look at the wall ahead of me? Uh, no. I don't know where you're gonna put that thing, I'm going to watch this intently now.

Oh how you regret doing that.

Seeing the needle enter you ㅡ whilst you felt the "tiny" prick ㅡ was utterly gruesome. How can something so small, be so scary?

You may or may not have let out a small welp causing the doctor to laugh at you.

"I did tell you to look at the wall." At his words, you just tried to keep a straight face and not glare.

As soon as the needle was out, you could breathe. You hadn't even realised you'd been holding your breath.

"I will need some contact information so I can message you the results." He said as he handed you a piece of paper to write on.

"Sorry, I don't have a pen." You said to the doctor.

"Oops! My bad!" He laughed it off and handed you a pen.

"Thanks." You started writing down your contact details.

You handed him the paper, and headed for the door. "Thank you." You said.

"Ah, no worries! You should be messaged the results in about 1 or 2 hours." You nodded and left, amazed at how quick the analysis would take.

As soon as you got home, you started doing some homework.