8. ? X 2 = 100

"Y/n... Y/n... Y/N!!!!" A voice screamed in your ear, but the unknown name wasn't registering.

"Huh?" Your morning voice creeped in. 

"Get up, Angela and Chad are here." Your mum spoke urgently, which was unusual during the holidays.

"My name's Tessa." You complained, forgetting about your new identity.

"I know, but Angela advised me to practise calling you your fake name, so that we get used to it."

Rubbing your eyes, you let out a tired yawn. "Ugh, fine. What time is it?"

"Half past ten." After she spoke, your mum left the room, leaving you to get ready. 

You chucked on your robe and made your way to the kitchen. You were starving. 

"Good morning." You heard Angela's sweet voice as she greeted you. 

"Morning." You cut it short, too tired to make conversation.

"Grab some some food and meet us up stairs on the deck." She said and headed away.

You made some toast and layered on the Nutella. "Mmhmm." The look of the melted chocolate sinking into the crisp bread satisfied your hunger, but also made it grow. Grabbing a glass of milk, you finally made your way up the stairs to where everyone was at.

"What if she never finds him?" You overheard your mother's voice, filled with worry. "She'll grow depressed. She knows what happens to those who never find their Amor when in deep search. She'll hate herself."

Her words were enough to connect the dots and understand what they were talking about. But her words angered you. You can speak yourself, so you walked in and gave her a piece of your mind.

"I already do mum. I didn't know it then, but I do now. I am such a selfish person. I am self absorbed with myself. The reason for not having any true friends back in Korea was because I was so self centered. It has taken me so long to work this out, but now that I have, I want to change. I want to be a better person. To be likeable." You paused for awhile, looking her right in the eye. "I need this search to show me that the world doesn't revolve around me. To show me that I need someone else in my life to care for me. To show me purpose." You take a deep breath. You see your mum open her mouth to speak, but you cut in. "I'm not done. If my Amor is given to me on a silver platter, then there's no point. The search is part of the heart racing. It's a crucial part of the eternal love. Please don't ruin that for me." Once you had finished speaking, there was a long silence that kept your heart pounding against your chest. 

"This girl," Chad pointed at you, "she knows her stuff. 

"Of course I-" You paused yourself, thinking about what you've just said and what you were going to say. "I mean, thank you."

Angela gave you a warm smile. The type of smile a mother shows her child that has won something important to them. The type of smile that allows you to feel loved and proud. The one you usually don't receive. 

"So, obviously your mother is going to start working soon, so that she can pay her part for the safe-house." Chad started speaking, but you were taken aback. 

"We have to pay?" You rethought your words, "Well, I guess it makes sense. But is it affordable? I mean she's one adult paying for all of this." You exclaimed, looking around at the scenery and the expensive-looking architecture. 

"Honey, you don't need to worry about these things, they're for me to worry about." Your mum spoke whole heartedly. 

"And anyways, there is nothing to worry about. The money she pays is similar to the previous house you two had. Plus, she got a promotion with the move."