3. New Phone

On your laptop, you decided to do some research about the fire, in search of finding out more about the boy. You searched and searched, but it was to no avail. It was as if the event never occurred.

It was incredibly trusfrating.

You even found reports about the Great Fire of Britain, and other major historical events that had zero connections to what you wanted to find. Other than the fact that they were fires.

You let out a long sigh and slammed down your laptop lid. The internet wasn't going to help you. But you weren't going to let this stop you from finding more about him.

"Mum!" You called out to her, hoping she could hear you.

"I'm coming, just one second!" You heard her say before the front door closed and she made her way up the stairs. "Yes, darling?"

"My phone caught a virus, can I please get a new one?" You pleaded with a calm voice to keep her from overreacting. But her reaction was a surprise. She wore a bland face that was incredibly calm. It held no signs of calamity.

"I mean, I guess. Pay day was yesterday so you can get whichever one you want."

"Even the Iphone 11 Pro Max?"

"Whatever." She left a black card on your desk and left, leaving you surprised and happy.

"I didn't know we were rich." You muttered to yourself.

You made your way to the store, your mind racing with thoughts that you could't piece together. Your life was a puzzle, but it was disastrous. The outside pieces were placed with such perfection that it was near impossible to stuff up the inside. However, with such carelessness and arrogance, you left the puzzle undone. Now, all you can do is struggle to keep up.

As you payed for the phone, someone familiar caught your eye. You glance their way and realised it was Dr. Kim. You rushed through the checkout trying not to lose Dr. Kim in the crowd of shoppers. "Thank you. No, I wont need the receipt," and quickly ran out, clutching the box to your chest.

"Dr. Kim!" You called and he turned around, looking for the owner of the urgent voice.

"Ah, Tessa," He recognised you, "What is it?"

"I was wondering about the report you sent to me through the email. I tried to find out more about the accident, but there was nothing. And it kind of destroyed my old phone." You said trying to catch your breath whilst showing him your new phone.

"Strange," He said looking at you, "I'm surprised you were able to read it before the virus kicked in." His words made your eyes widen in shock.

"You mean, you knew that my phone would catch a virus?" Your voice was raising ever so slightly, but people's heads still turned to look at you.

"Okay, Tessa, I can't talk to you here. Not in public. But I'll send you some information soon. I just need you to know that we are dealing with something or someone very dangerous at the moment. Now that you're involved, you, too, are in danger."

"I understand, Dr. Kim." You nodded cautiously and walked away, a little irritated by the current situation.

Leaving the conversation you had a strange feeling in your stomach. It held fear, emptiness, change, and a feeling you'd never felt before. 

One you were not in control of: Death.

After waiting a week for the information he promised to send, nothing had arrived. Perhaps he forgot? You wondered, so you decided to send him a reminder. But, as you pushed the send button, a message popped up saying that his email account has been deactivated.

You were confused and hungry. Going downstairs to get some grapes, something on the TV caught your eye.

"BREAKING NEWS: Doctor Kim Seokjin was murdered tonight at 5:46pm. Reports say it was just a simple stab with a pen that ended Doctor Kim's life."

You could not contain the fear that ran down your spine just then.

He's the one you met in the store.

He's the one who diagnosed your percentage.

He's the one who told you not to watch the needle stab you.

Kim Seokjin is the one who sent the illegal report to you.

A/N: So I have no idea what I'm doing... This story has a plot and all, but it probably won't stick. A short update, I hope the story isn't moving too fast. I want it to have a comfortable pace. But, then again, this is my first book so it will never be perfect. Please don't forget to vote, and, if you don't mind, please comment as well. I really appreciate all the support I can get, even if it is pointing out an error. I'm actually kind of looking forward to this, and I hope you are too! 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜