12. When You Were Young

They got into Disneyland and went to the statue of Mickey and Walt. Pepper looked at it and sighed lightly. She'd always imagined being at Disney. They didn't have Disney Parks in Canada but she loved Disney movies when she was younger.

She always wanted to be a princess. Her favorite was Belle. As a girl she wanted to be taken away by someone, by anyone really. She wanted to be with someone who would spare her of judgement like Belle would spare the beast. She related to both characters so much.

"What do you think?" He asked looking at her.

"I think we should find the gift shop. I want some ears." She nodded to him as he pursed his lips into a small smile.

"This way." He spoke as they went to the gift shop.

Penelope looked around overwhelmed with everything. The store was beautiful. She'd only ever been to Walmart so this was an upgrade. "How am I supposed to choose?" She asked quietly to yourself.

"You just do." Kai told her as he was struggling to put on a hat. Penelope went over to him and helped him tie it under his chin. "Thanks." He told her as she nodded lightly getting one for herself that had a Minnie bow on it.

She grabbed some beauty and the beast sunglasses to go with it. They were yellow with roses on the sides. She then got a pack of hair ties and put her hair into a braid. "How do I look?" She asked pulling her glasses down slightly as if to pose.

"A little crazy, but it works for you." He told her as she held her glasses in her hand.

"I couldn't tell if that was nice or not." She took a breath and picked out a pair of sunglasses for Kai. "Here." She spoke giving him the radiators. He put them on and looked in the mirror.

"Yup I make this a look." He commented looking at himself.

"So far just if we're keeping track I've got you down as a Double meaning Narcissist." She looked at him, half joking.

"And if I'm keeping track you're a nerdy looking judger." He spoke as he messed with one of her Mickey ears.

She tilted her head up to him as he looked down at her. She glanced barely up and down his face. "So what's your favorite ride?" She asked as she turned around and started walking out of the gift shop.

Was she teasing me?, Kai wondered looking at the girl who was putting her sunglasses back on. I mean how could he know she could've just been simply looking at him.

"The teacups." He answered the girl as he guided her to them. They got to the teacups and got into one together. Penelope closed the door and looked at the box, flicking her wrist for it to start going. The cups began turning and Penelope looked up at Kai.

"How fast do you wanna go?" She asked tilting her head.

"As fast as we can." He replied as she nodded. They both grabbed the middle turner and started turning it. Kai pulled as hard as he could and Penelope back off a little not to give anything away, but eventually she got really into it and was spinning fast.

"Woah!" Kai laughed lightly kind of worried about the speed as he grabbed onto the side of the teacup.

"What wimping out?" Penelope asked looking at him.

"Bring it on P." He told her as she licked her top lip ready to keep going. Soon the ride was starting to stop and she let go. Kai looked like he had seen things.

"You good?" She asked looking at him.

"Yeah just dizzy." He replied.

Penelope furrowed her brows. "You look like you're gonna vomit." She told him.