F I V E

Your skin is still blotchy and warm from the shower, even as you walk in the cool air of the apartment from the bathroom to your room. Your hair feels tacky from it's towel dried state and your feet feel oddly prune-y against the wood flooring. Once in the comfort of your own room you approach your closet to grab some clothes, excited for the feel of clean clothes on clean skin.

You're about to take off your robe to dress when you hear your window begin to open.

On the fire escape is a familiar suited hero and you rush over and hold the window pane.

"You gonna let me in (Y/N)?" Peter asks.

"I'm getting dressed—give me a second, wouldn't want to get the nickname Peeping Peter, would you?" You ask.

"I thought it was Peeping Tom?" He questions.

You chuckle, "yeah, but alliteration. Just hold on okay?"

With that you close your curtains and return to where you'd put your clothes on the edge of your bed. You slip on a pair of old cotton shorts and a pullover sweater before walking back to the window and opening he curtains again. Peter looks over and climbs in, before taking off his mask and breathing in deep.

"Please tell me you have a change of clothes with you," you prod, because while your parents aren't home now they will be soon.

Peter nods and goes back to the window to grab something from the fire escape which happens to be his backpack. You stand in approval, because neither of you really felt like hashing out the whole Spider-Man secret today. Peter clears his throat ad holds his backpack with a tight grip.

"Oh! Oh um, I'll be in the living room when you're uh finished changing. Sorry," you ramble as your face flushes.

You walk out of your room and shut the door with a soft click only to pad into the kitchen for a glass of water. The drink clears your mind a bit and cools the flush on your face. You hop up and sit on the counter top, it's icy surface nipping at your bare thighs.

A minute or two passes before your door opens, and Peter steps out.

He's got on a worn graphic tee, jeans, and a threadbare hoodie on with the sleeves scrunched up to his elbows. His hair is sticking out every which way, clearly from his mask, and it made him look double the amount of cute he usually is.

You smile and set your glass beside you with a soft clink.

It was then you notice the items he's got in his hand. Interested you slide off the counter and meet him at the kitchen island, eyeing the tech he sets down.

"What's all this for?" You ask.

"You," he says, and it sounds like it wanted to be so sure and confident, but you can tell he's a bit nervous and shaky.

Reaching out you grab the small puck-like object and holding it you get what it is now.

"You got me an Amazon Alexa thing?" You ask, slightly confused.

"Actually—"

"Ahh, what the fuck!?" You yelp and flinch back from the sudden third voice in the room.

The supposed Alexa falls from your hands and Peter rushes to grab it before it crashes to the ground.

"It's just Karen, it's alright," Peter says, his hand squeezing your shoulder as a reassuring gesture.

"I didn't mean to scare you (Y/N)," Karen says, the light around the old Echo device shining (Y/F/C) rather than blue. It makes you smile knowing Peter remembered your favorite color.