S I X

"Call me if you need anything sweetheart," your father says.

You sigh, amused, "Dad I'm just meeting his aunt for dinner."

"Your boyfriend's aunt," he stresses, like he can't wrap his head around the fact his little girl is finally dating. You give him a smile and lean over the center console to give him a hug before moving to leave the car.

"He's taking me home, so I'll see you soon Dad," you say before shutting the car door.

He gives you a soft wave before pulling away from the curb. You watch as the car fades in with the rest of New York traffic. Turning on your heel you smooth down your shirt with a slightly nervous sigh. Like your first date you kept with the nice shirt and jeans thing because it was practical and comfortable.

You walk towards the Thai restaurant and peek through the window. You see a familiar mop of curly hair and across from him the face of an older woman. Quickly, you make your way inside and get a bit spooked by the loud overhead bell that sounds. Peter's head snaps over and he gives you a sweet yet shy smile. You can't help but approach and hug him around his neck while he remains in a seated position. His hands grip your arm firmly and you kiss the top of his head before letting go and turning your attention to his aunt.

She looks ecstatic.

"Hi! I'm May, Peter's aunt...obviously," May greets.

You shake her hand, "(Y/N), Peter's uh girlfriend."

With that you move to take a seat next to Peter, your smile widening when his hand settles on your knee. A waiter comes by and sets down water and utensils before saying he'd be back in a moment. You take a small sip before focusing back on the two others at the table.

"So (Y/N) what brought you to Queens?" May asks.

"My dad's work brought us here, and New York is expensive, so we decided to rent here," you explain.

"I get the rent thing," May says and takes a tense sip of water, "we've had a decrease...in um, household income this past year. It's been kind of tough for us."

You frown and look over at Peter who looks saddened. Your memory supplies you with the story you heard when you first went to his apartment. His Uncle Ben.

"I'm sorry to hear that May, if there is anything I can do to help I will. I can make a killer lasagna if you ever need dinner," you offer.

May smirks and looks to her nephew, "you picked a good one kiddo."

"May," Peter stresses as his face goes from normal to deep red.

You laugh a little and lean in to press a kiss to his cheek to further his embarrassment. Peter mock pouts and you watch as May watches with heart eyes. You feel a slight weight leave your shoulders knowing his only relative likes you. Peter's arm slings around your shoulders and you lean into him a bit.

"So, what's good? I've never been here," you ask.

"Larb," the two say at the same time and you can't help but laugh at it.

"Do they have mango sticky rice?" You ask.

"Of course they do Hun," May says confidently.

ΘΘΘ

You unlock your apartment door as quietly as possible and open it slowly. Dinner with the Parker's went way longer than expected, and you had no idea if your parents were still up. You glance back at Peter who has his lower lip between between his teeth, and it makes you want and it throws you off guard a bit.