S E V E N

You wake up finding it difficult to breathe properly.

It's dark and dank, the overhead lighting scarce but fluorescent where it shines. The air is musty, and the smell reminds you of your grandparent's old book collection. Sitting up proves to be a challenge, but once you manage to you pull up the MHS pull over Peter had given you. Your skin is black and blue in mismatched blotches along your sides which makes your troubles with breathing make sense.

You let the pull over fall back down.

The concrete beneath you is cold as ice and makes your bare feet ache when they meet it. The last thing you remember is hysterically attacking the three men when the van had stopped, getting a few good swings in before one of them got to you.

It's probably why you're so beat up.

"You said get to the Spider Guy so I—"

"So you kidnapped a teenage girl?"

Your head whips to the left to see two men walk up; one is the asshole who dragged you out of bed. The other is new; older, a bit saner looking, and is adorning the most ridiculous leather feathered jacket you've ever seen.

"It's Spider-Man," you sneer at them.

They both pause and look at you; Asshole #1 rolls his eyes while Feather Guy takes in your appearance.

"Why is she hurt?" He asks in an eerily calm voice.

"She attacked us! I defended myself," Asshole #1 claims like a petulant child.

"Maybe I wouldn't have attacked you if you hadn't kidnapped me," you tell him.

Feather Guy makes an exasperated sound before walking away towards a table. A blonde guy with a cardigan is watching the whole thing play out.

"First with the testing merch in public, now kidnapping? I can't afford you anymore," Feather Guy says.

Asshole #1 raises his eyebrows, "can't afford me? Fine old man."

It seems to easy, and you watch as the guy starts to back away.

"See if you can afford me out there, knowing what I know."

There's the catch.

You watch as Feather Guy asks Blondie a muttered question before taking a gun of the table and shooting it. The gun itself looks modified; a horrifying mix of alien and human tech, and by the way Asshole #1 disintegrates into ash you assume it's most definitely alien tech. You squeak as you watch the guy crumble in front of you and you can't help but gag as bile rises in your throat.

He just died in front of you.

"This isn't the anti-gravity gun?" Feather Guy asks nonchalantly.

Blondie points to the right, "it's over there."

With that Feather Guy puts his weapon down and walks over to where you're cuffed to a rather strong pipe. He sighs and bends to your level, and it takes everything you have in you not to spit in his face.

You want to make it out of here alive.

"You alright?" He asks softly, and it reminds you of how your own father asks you that same question. If this guy is a father, you feel bad for whoever his kids are.

"Just great, I love spending my night kidnapped and cuffed to a pipe. How did you know?" You ask sarcastically, batting your eyelashes innocently. Feather Guy sighs and stands up before promptly walking away. He tells Blondie to keep an eye on you before leaving the space completely.