Fight (SouRin)

"SOUSUKE DON'T WALK AWAY WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU" The fiery red head yelled at his lover.

"Rin this is getting nowhere. I'm going for a walk" Sousuke replied coldly

"If you walk away we're through" Rin said angrily. At this the taller boy eyes widened "you don't understand Rin" Sousuke said quietly.

"Sousuke we promised each other a year ago when we started dating that we would tell each other everything" Rin said stepping towards Sousuke.

But Sousuke shook his head "I can't Rin I'm sorry" he mumbled quietly.

Rin looked at Sousuke hurt. "Fine" Rin spat bitterly "leave then"

"Rin I'm so-"

"Don't" Rin said interrupting Sousuke "Just go please"

"I'm sorry Rin" Sousuke mumbled then turned towards the door and left. Tears stung at the red hairs eyes as his lover left.

Why won't he talk to me? Rin thought as he walked into his and Sousuke's shared room. What is he hiding?

Sousuke's POV

As I left Rin and I's shared apartment I felt my heart grow heavy as the thought of Rin and I splitting up burnt in my mind.

I'm sorry Rin but I just can't tell you about tomorrow in case it doesn't work.

Guess I'm spending the night at a hotel.

Time Skip

I lay in my hospital bed waiting for the doctor to come and tell me that they were ready for my operation.

"Mr Yamazaki?" A nurse asked coming into my room I nodded "Yes"

"We're ready for you" the nurse said I nodded nervously.

The doctor explained to me what was going to happen in the operation I gulped I wish Rin was here but it was better that he wasn't.

The doctor then gave me some medication that would put me to sleep. I felt my body relax as the medicine kicked in and my eyelids grew heavy my last thought before I fell unconscious was:

This has got to work for Rin

Rin's POV

I was in the kitchen at our apartment making lunch hopefully Sousuke would come back for lunch I hadn't seen him since yesterday and I was very worried.

What if he got lost? Australia's so big he won't be able to find his way back home

My train of thought was broken by my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I questioned as I didn't recognise the number

"Hello is this Mr Matsuoka?" The lady on the other end of the phone questioned.

"Yes this is Rin Matsuoka. Who is this?" I asked confused on who was calling

"My name is Dr Conway I'm afraid I have some unfortunate news involving Mr Yamazaki" the Doctors voice said sadly

Sousuke. What happened?

"Is h-he okay?" I asked trying to keep the fear out of my voice

"I'm afraid the operation on his shoulder was unsuccessful" Dr Conway's voice was filled with remorse.

OPERATION? Sousuke had an operation?! This is what he was hiding oh God I needed to get to the hospital.

"Sir?" Dr Conway questioned

"Uhhh yes I'm on the way to the hospital now" I said grabbing my keys and rushing out the door.

Sousuke. Sousuke. Sousuke.

I finally reached the hospital and rushed to Sousuke's room

"Sou?" I said loudly panting as I leaned against the doorway.

Sousuke was awake and sitting up in bed his face cast down in disappointment and grief.

"Sou?" I asked again softer walking over to his bed

"how ya feeling?" I said sitting down on the edge of his bed.

"..." Sousuke said nothing only continued to stare at his hands. I looked at his face trying to find any sign of well anything.

"Sou please talk to me?" I begged forcing him to look at me.

For the first time Sousuke met my gaze and I saw the tears streaming down his face.

"It's over Rin I failed you. I'm sorry" Sousuke said crying.

I hadn't seen Sousuke cry since we where in elementary school and I hated it just seeing him cry brought tears to my own eyes. It made me feel sick.

"Sou you didn't fail. You did everything you could." I told him trying to pull him into a hug but he pulled away hissing in pain.

"Sorry" I quickly apologised "I didn't mean to hurt you"

" you should go Rin" Sousuke said sadly

"WHAT? NO?" I cried in outrage

"Rin please. I can't swim with you anymore there's no reason why you should stay." He said

"Sousuke you're just upset and tired you don't mean any of this. We are so much more than just swimming." I said trying to comfort him

"Are we Rin? Are we really?" Sousuke asked getting angry "because all we ever talk about is swimming. All our memories are swimming. We didn't talk for five years and only reconnected after I joined Samezuka's swim team. We started dating because we swam together. We moved to Australia together so we could both become professional swimmers. But that's all over."

I opened my mouth to protest but Sousuke wasn't done "I'm going back to Japan tomorrow I don't belong here"

"Sousuke you can't leave. It's not over" I cried in protest.

"No Rin when are you going to understand that it is over? I'm never going to be able to swim again" Sousuke said "I'm leaving"

"Sou please I need you" I sad fighting back the tears

"Rin I can't watch you achieve our dream" he said simply.

"Mr Matsuoka visiting hours are over" the nurse said coming into the room "I'm sorry but you must leave"

"Okay let me just say goodbye" I said turning back to Sousuke

"Of course" The nurse said smiling then left.

"Sou I'll be back tomorrow we can talk about this more then" I said kissing his forehead

"Sorry Rin but my flights tomorrow morning this is it. This is goodbye" Sousuke said looking at the ground.

"Sou please we can fix this. It's not over" I pleaded

"Goodbye Rin" Sousuke said

I was then rushed out the room by the nurse.

I didn't even get to say goodbye.